C͎h͎a͎p͎t͎e͎r͎ ͎6

Y/N POV

Stepping out into the dimly lit hallway, you felt your heartbeat steadily return to a somewhat normal pace. Monty seemed to be in an entirely different situation compared to Chica. You can only imagine what the other two must be like. To be honest, at this point you weren't sure if you wanted to know at all. The animatronics seemed unpredictable, surprising, and almost alive.

They were made of gears and metal, a computer system in place of them all. They couldn't be truly alive, could they? You adjust your cap to wipe some of the sweat that appeared on your forehead. God that alligator made you nervous and he knew it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, I got this, just a few more hours to go."

Mustering whatever courage you had left, you made your way past the ropes and knocked on the purple door. "What is it," a voice barked, and you immediately felt whatever courage you just had run out the door. "My name is Y/N. I'm working a night shift, and here to do basic maintenance," you say loudly, your voice trying to stay steady.

The door slid open fast, but Roxy wasn't standing there. Looking into the room, you notice the overwhelming amount of trophies all set on the shelves and vanity that Roxy was sitting at. She didn't really take notice of you though. Instead, she was turning her head at different angles giving her reflection a sharp-toothed smile.

The dressing room had its walls decorated with a variety of.. tires? Not what you expected. There were small stuffed Roxy toys littered around the room, and the neon signs had a fierce glow to it. You shrugged to yourself as you turned your focus to the she-wolf animatronic, who was still staring into the mirror. Suddenly her head snapped towards you, a small snarl escaping her.

"Well, aren't you going to do your job? Basic maintenance remember?" Her warning tone had you scrambling to the vanity as you found the toolbox. "Sorry, Roxy." She only scoffed in reply, standing straighter as she side-eyed you. "You're really easy to make nervous, pathetic really," she commented. Her words pricked at your pride, and you felt defensive as you began looking for any loose screws. Maybe tightening them hard enough will change the attitude this wolf had.

You stopped mid-thought, confused by the sudden brave but intrusive thoughts you felt pop into your mind. You shook your head, finding just a few screws to fix. The last thing you wanted to do was piss her off.

"Do I even weigh anything to you?"

"No, it's like holding a couple of grapes."

Monty's words replayed in your head, and a shiver ran down your spine. There was a huge possibility that you could get hurt. But this whole situation is totally fine.

You looked down at the paper peeking from the corner of your pocket. Grabbing it, you look down to see a few bullets written down by Roxy's name.

Brush Roxanne's hair and tail for 10 minutes (each)
• Shine her shoulders with the package located in her vanity within the right bottom drawer
•Apply new black paint by the bottom corner of her eyes.

Okay, so this animatronic requires a bit more than the others. Perfect. Maneuvering around Roxy and vanity, you open the drawers and find a very large brush, different cups of Roxy's paint scheme colors, and like the directions said, the package for her shoulder pads.

"Should we start with your hair?" You question, looking to Roxy for permission. Despite her efforts to intimidate you with a glare, you can see her tail sweeping against the floor in an excited manner. It was kind of adorable.

You shrugged your shoulders as you approached her hair, carefully trailing the brush through her silver locks. "You mess one strand up, new girl, and I'll make sure you don't get out of here without a scratch." Roxy threatens you, her ears pinned back. You gave a quick nod.