Chapter 35

You didn't know how long you slept.

All you knew was your body hurt, muscles sore as you tried to stretch. The moon's light filters through your curtains into your bedroom. With some effort, you manage to get up and walk into your bathroom to start a cold shower.

The last thing you wanted at the moment was to be assaulted by the freezing water, but it would be better for the bruising and muscles. You only lasted five minutes before you couldn't take it anymore.

For just a moment, you allowed yourself to look into the mirror in the bathroom. 

Gazing at your neck, you see the skin covered in bruises, varying from a sickening yellow to a hue of blue. No doubt it would worsen the next few days.

Quickly changing into sweatpants and a sweatshirt, you feel the warmth returning to your body. Now all you had to do was make a small meal and... call Mr. Lush.

A part of you wanted to avoid making the call. You couldn't be sure if he would understand and sympathize with the bugged Glamrock Gang. Not if they were causing harm to employees.

Yet, there may be no other way to handle this situation. Your emotions and thoughts were conflicting as you tried convincing yourself to do the right thing. But what was the right thing?

Finally, you come to a decision. Abandoning the thought of food, you go to your room to grab your phone.

You pause and think for a moment.

When was the last time you checked your phone? You go check your pants pockets, and then around your bed. Soon, you're searching through the entire apartment just to find it nowhere to be found.

"Son of a bitch..." You mutter under your breath.

No doubt about it, the phone was back at the Mega Pizza-Plex. Quickly looking at the clock on your wall, you curse again. The time read: 11:05 P.M. The place was already closed and locked up tight for the night, and you wonder briefly if anyone would be there. Shaking your head, you think better of it. It was too dangerous to risk going in there somehow, especially after all that's happened.

But then again... No, no, no, no. Just no.

There was no way you would try to break in.

Walking back into your bedroom, you grab your laptop, knowing you'd be awake for a while.

The glow of its screen shows pages of calculations and different bills. You had been figuring out the money you would spend and what you could possibly save. All of this... for Missy. For her treatment and stay in the hospital. It wouldn't be long before she was ready to be discharged.

You feel bad as you hide the pages, and start searching for an entirely different subject instead. Your keyboard clacks quietly as you begin typing, the words "Freddy Fazebears history" appearing in the search bar.

With a click, you're dragged into hours of reading, your heart dropping into your stomach as each story becomes worse after the other.

Closed cases, burnt down buildings, employees quieted or missing, families destroyed, and multiple, horrific murders.

All of it was terrible...

Clicking on some pictures, the old Freddy Fazebear's Pizzeria appears on your screen. The animatronics, clunky and large stand on stage, and children running around with birthday hats on.

The setting was a bit dingy, but the place was like any other family restaurant. You look closer at the old animatronics, recognizing two familiar faces. Freddy and Chica. Their designs are drastically different, with dull colors and lifeless faces. Actual animatronics, whose only purpose was to sing and dance.