Chapter 39

Everyone remained silent, even as you and the others entered the Parts and Service.

Not a hum, not a word.

Chica squawked in surprise as Freddy blinked a few times, his eyes scanning over you. He tries to speak, but you can only shake your head in response.

He seemed to realize no one was in the mood to talk.

You watch with sorrow and pity as Monty and Roxy place the unmoving figure of Moon into one of the glass containers, his eyes blank and dark as they stare into nothingness.

It seemed at the moment that nothing wanted to go right, even with your attempts at picking up the pieces that were being torn apart by whatever virus was taking control of the animatronics.

"We... found Moon." Your voice comes out weak.

"But Sun. He- he won't come out. They're both..." you didn't know how to describe it. They weren't truly gone, but the unsettling feeling of having the daycares attendant body lying nearby, unmoving, it seemed as if they were.

There didn't seem to be anyway to help them, you just didn't have the skills to fix something that seemed so broken.

It was if a helplessness was taking over and your mind transported you back to when Missy's parents died, when Missy ended up in the hospital, when the first night of attacks began.

After all you've tried to do, it didn't seem to matter.

Would you even be able to protect these animatronics from this unknown attacker, or even get Missy the medical attention she needed?

How could you do anything when you could barely keep yourself together?

You couldn't, and at this realization, it brought tears to your eyes.

You slump to the floor, shaking as wetness covered your cheeks and sobs escape from your lips.

Edward stands by, looking down with pity as if he didn't know what else to do. But the others?

They came to your aid, kneeling down, asking what's wrong.

Even Freddy stood up with some struggle, his eyes wide as you felt that tingle throughout your body, his eyes no doubt taking in your accelerated heartbeat and distress.

"I.. I- can't, I can't help you, I don't know h-how to," your voice cracks with emotion, as if your throat is suffocated by the weight you've carried for so long.

Maybe it was their programming, but all the others came to your side, even Monty.
You can feel Chica's arms wrap around you, Roxy stroking your hair.

Monty knelt down beside you, his red eyes dimming as he held your hand.

Freddy took your face into his hands, warmth radiating from the metal. "It- not your fault. Y/N, it is not y-your fault."

You can't bear to look at any of them as your eyes remain close, the tears never ending as they slip on your cheeks.

"S-s-Superstar.."

The cries you let out are weak, full of pain. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

——————

They all watched, as Y/N broke down crying.

Every one of their systems went on alert, their bodies moving to the source of distress.

What would be instinct for a living being, was just programming for them.

Roxy knew that.

There had been plenty of times where she had comforted little children. She was an animatronic designed for any scenario with a child. Whether it was because they lost at a game or because someone's friends didn't show up for a birthday party.