C͎h͎a͎p͎t͎e͎r͎ ͎8

Y/N POV

As you made your way back to the main plaza, the faintest of sunlight began to peek in through the top windows of the building. You stopped in front of Freddy, looking at the time displayed on a nearby screen.

5:47 A.M.

"Huh, time passed by fast," you say, feeling surprised. The bear nodded. You two had just been in Monty's Gator Gulf, finding the missing golf balls that had been hidden. It took a while, but you counted off the amount missing by the end.

It was actually a cool scenery area. There were mechanical gators in the water that rumbled in the small creeks that ran throughout the facility, tall grasses, and reeds that covered the edges. Given Montgomery's accent, you weren't surprised by the bayou theme. Maybe when Missy was better, you'd take her here again to go mini-golfing. She'd have so much fun.

You pushed your cap down as tears threatened to spill, and the action didn't go unnoticed. Freddy rubbed your back, soothing you as no words needed to be spoken.

He seemed to understand in a way that shouldn't be possible for an AI, even for an animatronic as advanced as him. Nevertheless, you were grateful though. "Seems like it's almost time for me to go."

Turning towards the bear, you stand there hesitating before bringing your hand out to shake his. He happily shook it, his metal cold against your palm. "Of course, I hope you are satisfied with the line of work you have chosen here."

Hope, huh? Yeah, I have a lot of hope riding on this job.. you think to yourself, not allowing any more emotional moments to ensue tonight.

Freddy said his goodbyes, going back to rockstar row. His heavy footsteps echoed against the walls as you watched him go.

You head back to the ground floor office, picking up your phone and ordering an Uber before you head outside. On the desk sat the computer, where you check-in and out of your shift. Just as you turn it off, a ding sounds from your phone.

A text from Edward.

Meeting Tomorrow @ 12:15 P.M.
Next Shift: Thursday at 12 A.M.

You shrug, heading out to the Pizza-Plex front and out the doors. You didn't have to work for another two days, but you'd have to come tomorrow for the meeting.

Sitting on a nearby bench outside, you pull up the spreadsheet that was made earlier, putting in the hours you work to see what money you would get from this night. Normally, it would be at least ninety dollars, but...

The stupid taxes we have take it down to at least eighty! You shake your fist at the sky, and for a moment you think of yourself as a cartoon character with a stream of tears pouring from your eyes. You couldn't be too angry because, despite that, it was money still. This money would help Missy, and that's all you want.

You hear tires squeal for a second before looking up, watching a car park nearby. A blond woman stumbles out of the car, her arms yanking away at the seatbelt.

You cover your mouth to keep from laughing out loud as a string of colorful words is yelled. But as the lady kept cussing and struggling, a loud snort escapes you. And oh, she noticed.

Her head whips around to look at you, glaring daggers, freezing you in place. "Shoot," you whisper under your breath, giving the very annoyed blond an awkward smile.

She yells again as she slams her car door before going to the trunk, pulling out a duffel bag. And a familiar Fazsecurity badge. You remembered seeing a few of the employees during the daytime hours.

Yeesh, even her ponytail is swinging angrily, what crawled up her-

Just as you see her stomp away from the car and in your direction, a small note is played from your phone and you can see your Uber just yards away. Perfect timing. Before the woman can approach you, you're diving inside, landing roughly on the seat as you urge the driver to get going. He shrugs, pressing the pedal to the metal like it's an 'Evil Knievel' movie. Within ten minutes, you practically fall into your apartment. Home sweet home!