C͎h͎a͎p͎t͎e͎r͎ ͎1͎6͎

Y/N POV

The night came too soon. You were practically tripping over your own feet as you fumbled around looking for a clean pair of jeans. Self note to yourself for later, do laundry tomorrow because that neglected pile of clothes needs to go. Your phone alarm went off again as the screen lit up, showing the time.

10:42 P.M.

You had almost forgotten about the time shift in your schedule for Saturday that Edward messaged you about. After the hospital visit, you had collapsed onto your bed and slept like a baby. Every few hours before, you would get up to snack on something, and at one point you sat down and made a grocery list for when you could go shopping after your next paycheck. Just to be on the safer side of money.

Whoever has other night shifts, you were going to probably fight the person for those. You wanted your car back, needed groceries, and were now donating money for Missy. Things were going to be expensive.

Shoving whatever distractions of the future you had aside, you thank god for the late-night uber driver for speeding to your place as the arrival text sounded off. Grabbing the phone, and your keys, you rush out of the apartment. The woman driving gave a tired wave, mumbling about how she was making her last rounds tonight for driving and that you were lucky.

You nod absent-mindedly, tipping her five dollars at the end of the drive before bolting into the gigantic complex that was the Mega Pizza-Plex. You glance down at your phone, feeling a burning sensation in your calves and lungs from the exercise you managed to work up through the panic you were in.

10:58 P.M.

"Hallelujah, I made it..." You huff, letting your hands rest against your legs as you tried breathing evenly.

A squeak could be heard against the tiled floor, and you look up to catch sight of a figure halting at the top of the escalator stairs yards away. That's when you caught sight of the blond ponytail.

"Hey!"

You wave a hand, watching Vanessa stiffen before she trudged down the stairs, annoyance radiating off of her. Was she always this moody? "Hey, I don't think we've formally-"

"I do not care."

You felt a small part of surprise by the sudden response, but more of it was now frustration. You've seen her twice the few times you've been here, and not once has she not glared into your damn soul.

An intrusive thought popped into your brain, and before you could actually think, your hand grabbed onto her arm. It wasn't harsh, just a firm grasp. It sure did catch her attention.

She let out a strangled sound of disgust as her head whips around to stare at you. Before she could spit out an insult, you spoke first. "What is the damage, blondie? I can't help but notice that fact you seem to be a real bag of dicks anytime I'm around. Or is that just your personality?"

Intrusive thoughts: 1.

Y/N: 0.

Masking whatever shock you had for your words, you watch as she grits out a curse word, snatching her arm away. "The hell you think you're doing newbie, grabbing me? Huh? God, I cannot understand how the oh-so, beloved Glamrock Gang wants you around."

"Excuse me?"

She rolls her eyes, eyebrows furrowing in anger. "Yes, excuse you. So what was the trick huh? How'd you become popular with Edward and the animatronics? You've been here for less than two weeks, so how the hell am I hearing about some sort of promotion?"

No way. Does this chick have a grudge against you because the animatronics took a liking to you?

Now it was your turn to roll your eyes as you exhaled harshly, running a hand through your hair. "I'd hardly call it a promotion, and I can't even tell you why Freddy and the others like me. I just came here to do my job," You explain.