Chapter 31

Y/N POV

The open area was quiet, excluding the faint theme song in the background my hesitant steps.

If the situation hadn't become tense, the way you looked would've been something out of some spy movie. Now wasn't the time to picture something as silly as that.

Then it hit you.

Silly.

Silly, nice, playful... SUN!

If you couldn't find Freddy right now, the next best person to find would be Sun. You could even hide out for a bit inside the playground since the other animatronics hardly ever entered there.

With the Fazerblasters strapped on, you set out to the daycare.

As you walked there were no signs of the others. It was almost a relief. The fact that you hadn't heard a sound from any of them was becoming concerning though. They were animatronics that weighed well over 300 pounds if not more. Surely there would be some sort of noise.

Picking up the pace, you find yourself sprinting towards the Daycare doors, the wooden doors tall and foreboding against the dim lights.

You glance behind you one last time. It was embarrassing feeling like a kid who just turned the lights off, running up the stairs to escape the doom that lied in the shadows.

At least it wasn't some unknown monster you couldn't see. It was just animatronics gone off the rails. No biggie.

With some effort, you push the doors open and close it behind you.

You hadn't realized the breath you'd been holding in and could hear your heartbeat thundering in your ears. With a loud exhale, you peek around the area for any signs of the Daycare attendant.

The bouncy tune on the speakers eases some of the tension away. Seeing nobody was on the main floor, you take the way down.

Surprisingly it was bigger than expected, but you go down the slide perfectly, landing in the pool of the plastic balls in the pit.

For a moment, something sticky could be felt on your forearm, and you frantically rub what you presumed to be gum off. Cringing at the feeling, you keep your arms above the balls, shuffling your way to the edge.

Right as you place your hands on the padding, there's a clink.

With widened eyes you watch as a tall figure emerges from the top of a balcony high above the ball pit.

His sun rays spin for a moment as he slaps his hands together, his knees bending.

You watch with mild amusement as you witness a perfect dive from him, letting out a disbelieving chuckle. Sun disappears beneath the plastic balls with a whoosh.

"Huh.. I wonder if he saw me."

As the words left your mouth, you feel a firm grip latch onto your ankle. "Oh shi-"

For some reason, you try holding your breath before realizing that you weren't pulled underwater in the first place. Mere seconds later your back above the balls.

Only this time you weren't even standing. You opened your eyes hesitantly to see. Smiling down at you in no other than... Moon?

"Well, well. Hello, little mouse."

"Where'd Sun go?" You ask, offering an awkward smile. Moon's eyes flash for a brief moment, and if it hadn't been for the contrasting red that had appeared, you wouldn't have caught it. The animatronic goes silent before his head tilted slightly, that forever grin etched onto his face.