Chapter 22

Y/N POV

You felt your heart drop to your feet, the breath gone from your lungs. Freddy was frozen next to you, the whirring on his inner mechanics suddenly loud as a tense silence enveloped the room.

Vanessa stared at you, arms crossed in disapproval and authority, but even you couldn't miss the ghost of a smug grin that tugged at her lips. She knew you were down here, but how? She had left earlier after your encounter with her.

"Explain, Y/N."

You moved your gaze from the security guard to the much more scary authority figure.

Mr. Lush, your boss.

His voice was gruff, traces of sleep still noticeable as he placed his hands on his hips. There was a lump in your throat, made up of nerves and fear as the words got caught in it.

You opened and closed your mouth twice, unsure of how to even begin telling what had happened with Chica, and how Freddy had been affected, the other two nowhere to be seen.

Yet before you could say anything, you felt the calming weight of Freddy's hand placed on your shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze as he looked down at you. You nodded as he let a small smile slip onto his features, and for a moment you let yourself look into his eyes.

Sometimes you would forget the fact they were LED lights placed within them...

Directing your attention back to the other two people in the room, you noticed Vanessa now glaring at Freddy, more specifically his hand on your shoulder. She scoffed, her ponytail swinging as she shook her head.

"Mr. Lush, there's obviously something wrong with this employee, I've told you she has no respect for the other workers and has clearly been implanting bugs into the Glamrock Gang! Just like I told you, what other reason would she be down here?"

"That's- wait. No respect for other employees? Planting bugs? Are you delusional?" You bite back, anger flaring up inside of you as her venomous, green eyes turned on you.

Taking a step forward, you pointed your finger at her trying to remain calm despite the bullshit accusation she just spat out. "I am sorry for my rather vulgar language earlier during our small dispute. But I will not let you make up stories and lie to our boss."

A small zip of satisfaction ran through you as you watched a sneer form on her face, one that quickly stopped as Mr. Lush glanced between you and her.

"Please, Y/N, do tell your side of the story," He stated firmly, curiosity peeking out in his voice as he gestured his hand towards you.

Taking a few more steps away from Freddy and towards them, you held your head up, ignoring the side of you that didn't want to do anything with confrontation. Keeping your voice as steady as possible, you calmed your breathing as you began talking.

"Tonight began earlier, per your request, Mr. Lush. Responsibilities were taken care of. Over two hours ago, Freddy had collapsed, sir. There was a series of glitches happening in his system and so I checked over him to the best of my capabilities. I'm alarmed to say that within his stomach hatch, a knife had been wedged into a corner of it into some wires."

Edward Lush's eyes widened in outrage, yet he spoke nothing as he continued listening. It took awhile to explain the rest, from not being able to find the others to our successful attempt to at least repair Chica on a working level.

The temptation to call out Vanessa for her attitude earlier was strong.

Everything you said was truthful and your voice held confidence with no stutter to follow. All the nervousness and fear from before had dissolved and no longer messed with your head. You would be able to easily tell Edward.