Chapter 29

Once your tears have been wiped away and you were able to leave the comfort of Freddy's arms, breathing had become easier and the panic had died down. You took notice of the faint sound of Chica and Roxanne's dying argument. It wouldn't be long before they realized they still had to go to the arcade.

With a sigh, you tugged on Freddy's hand, offering a weak smile. He tilted his head, his eyes studying your face, pausing here and there. Once he seemed to be finished, you took ahold of his hand fully. The bear was completely compliant as you led him to the arcade.

The neon lights lined against the edge of the walls were dim when you entered, the low hum of machines filling the area. The whir of the fog mechanics started, the white haze swirling around your feet, its wisps separating while you walked through. Freddy stayed silent when you towed him along, his heavy footsteps right behind.

Both of you were quiet, but there was a small weight lifted off of your chest. It felt easier to breathe and think after crying. Yet, you didn't want to fall into the habit of becoming a blubbering baby every time you were in Freddy's proximity. Animatronic or not, it was a little embarrassing to sob in front of him like you have been. Glancing over your shoulder, you catch Freddy staring at the center of your back. The vibrant blue of his eyes glowed like a sapphire catching light.

No doubt he was watching your heart rate and body temperature. The bear always seemed to be concerned with the physical status of your being when you became emotional. It was sweet in a way.

He was always so sweet.

A soft smile graced your face as you looked away.

Within mere moments, the two of you could see into the large circular room the DJ resided in. It was still almost unbelievable how enormous one animatronic could be, even after the initial shock wore off.

The Glamrock Gang were tall figures, but the DJ?

He was a big boy.

Letting your eyes trail over the large spider-like build, the neon-colored rings on his headphones and gloves glowing within the dim lights. His pink nose stuck out in a humorous way, and his eyes sparkled like stars in the night.

You may have been terrified of him once, but now that you truly look at him you could see why many kids love the animatronic. As you finished studying him, your attention comes to land on the edge of the stage where another figure stands. His teeth glint despite the shadows casting across his face.

Freddy continues forward, his metal hand clasped around yours as he led the way towards the other two. Your head tilts as you send a questioning look as Monty meets your gaze. Yet he only huffs before turning the other way and grabbing his bass.

Before you could call out to get his attention, a hand the size of a small platform scoops you up from your spot.

"OH! H-Hi DJ," You say in surprise, looking at the giant's face as he looked closer. He hums a small tune, moving his head from one spot to another, studying you as you had with him. The rainbow tiles of his piano-tiled smile light up in waves as he emits a few more notes.

"Let her stand on her own feet, M," a voice calls from below. Your eyes peer over the edge of DJ's hand, finding Monty gazing up at you, bass in hand as his tail swayed lazily behind him. Despite his sunglasses, you could still see the look of boredom his eyes portrayed.

DJ looks at you, his voice, what you assume to be, questioning what you want. You smile up at him, patting his hand with reassurance that you were okay with sitting in the palm of his hand. The robot trills a tune, your response clearly pleasing. Two familiar voices join in as Chica and Roxy walts in, arms entwined together as their earlier squabble had been forgotten.