Five

A/N: Song recommendation: Really Slow Motion - This is your way (epic dramatic trailer)

---
The next morning

Bucky had packed all his things and together with Rose and Steve he went to the train station.

Before the station Steve decided to say goodbye to his best friend already there. He wanted to give Rose and Bucky some more time alone.

"Take care buddy and come back home in one piece."

The two hugged again.

Rose accompanied Bucky to the platform.
At first they stood side by side for a few seconds. They both didn't know how to say goodbye.

"I..." they both started at the same time and had to start laughing.

"You first." Bucky wanted to know what was going on in Rose's head.

"I-I'm going to miss you. I love you Buckster. Please come back home quickly."

A scattered tear rolled down her cheek. As hard as she tried not to cry she failed miserably.

"I miss you already Sweetheart. As I said, I love you until the end of time and even longer if that's even possible."

He held her tightly. She needed this right now and he would be lying if he said he didn't need this right now too.

The train pulled into the platform.
Rose clung to him tightly once again. Once again she took a deep breath to catch his scent.
A mixture of cigarettes and his aftershave strong and minty.

They gave each other one last kiss before he boarded the train, neither knowing when they would see each other next.

When the train left the station Rose went back home with Steve.

Steve tried a few times to start a conversation, but failed miserably.

Rose didn't want to talk right now.

When she got home she went to her room and snuggled under her blanket in bed - it still smelled like Bucky.

'I will wait for you here' - with these thoughts she fell asleep.

There was a knock at the door and she was roused from her sleep.

"No."

"Rose, I made something for dinner. Come out."

"No Steve, thanks but I'll pass."

"Rosemary Rogers. You come out now you need to eat."

Rose sat on the edge of her bed and gave him no more answer. She didn't want to eat, and she didn't want to talk.

She just wanted to be alone - Just for tonight.

"Rose... He's my best friend, too."

Her eyes spun clockwise once - she was annoyed.

In a jerk she got up and opened the door but not to have dinner and talk with him like her brother wanted. But to go outside, she had to clear her head.

"Steven you don't know when enough is enough." She hissed and rushed past him to the dressing room.

She had on a dark red blouse with white polka dots and black slacks that were tight on her by her standards, plus she threw on a black light coat.

As she was about to put on her shoes, Steve suddenly stood next to her.

"What are you up to?"

She straightened up and looked Steve, who was almost as tall as she, in the eye.