Seven

A/N: Song recommendation: The Last Butterfly - Beautiful Sad Piano Violin Music

---

The week after the proposal, the four of them did a lot together.

They went to the movies, went out for dinner, and drank copious amounts of whiskey at home.

Bucky and Rose spent every night together.
There were only two options for what the two of them did with their time together.
Either they talked for hours or they had passionate sex.

They enjoyed the time they had to the fullest.

April 20, 1943

The day had come.

Bucky, assigned to the 107th had to go overseas today, to England. They would be fighting the Nazis and Hydra.

Rose was packing her suitcase because she too had to go to England. She was assigned to the 107th as an agent.

As much as she was glad that Bucky wouldn't leave her alone again, she was also afraid of what would await her in Europe.

Becca had already said goodbye to hers at the lecture, because she had to go to university today.

Steve drove with both to the camp from where the plane would take off.

At the airport, the soldiers were already bustling about and bringing their luggage onto the plane.

Now the three stood there. Once again the three were torn apart.

Bucky and Steve hugged each other.

"Don't do anything stupid while we're gone."

"How could I? You two are taking all the stupid with you. Take care of her will you?"

As Rose and Steve hugged, tears welled up in her eyes.

Since they were born, they had never been apart for more than 10 days. And now they stood there, neither of them knowing when or if they would see each other again.

"I'm going to miss you Stevie Kiwi."

"Just come home safe."

She gave him another big kiss on the cheek before she and Bucky made their way to the plane.

"Rose!" she heard someone call out. Turning around, she saw Peggy.

"You go ahead James. I'll be right behind you."

Bucky gave her a little kiss on the top of her head and walked ahead.

Peggy had Howard Stark in tow.

If only Becca knew.

"Hello Peggy. Mr. Stark." she greeted them both.
She was puzzled by his appearance, Peggy was also supposed to fly to England with them but she knew nothing of Stark.

"Rose. I'm glad I caught you. You have to fly alone with the 107th, I have to stay here and do some things. Howard has made the breakthrough."

Rose couldn't follow her. "What breakthrough?"

"Ms. Rogers. Dr. Erskine and I have been researching an experiment for several years. Something earth-shattering. Dr. Erskine has developed a serum that interferes with the human organism to the point where parts of the DNA are altered. The people who receive it, so it is the plan, should be much stronger, more muscular, fitter and have strengthened senses.

Rose just looked at Howard incredulously. To her, it all sounded like he was reading from a storybook.

"But in order for the serum to work, I had to build a machine, it works with negative pressure, among other things. And now it's finally ready, we just need to find a test subject."