Thirty-two

A/N: Song recommendation: a Storm is coming (feat. Liv Ash) - Tomme Profitt

---

Everyone started to talk wildly to Rose, they wanted to know what had happened and who was responsible for it.
Rose who was still in shock and couldn't process how and why Julia should be responsible for the whole thing, just stood there motionless.

"For God's sake keep it down!" Bucky shouted at the group without taking his eyes off Rose.

"Come on we'll go to headquarters, tend to your wounds first and then we'll talk about it in peace."

He gave her a kiss on the forehead and lifted her up, knowing she couldn't walk herself right now.

Sam notified the others that they had found Rose and they all headed to Staten Island to the Avengers headquarters.

Once there, Bucky carefully tended to Rose's wounds himself.

"We can get out of here if you don't want to talk to the others. If they find out the days will be soon enough."

"No, no, the others have the right to know what happened. I just don't understand what Julia has to do with anything."

After her wrists were taken care of and she borrowed a comfortable outfit from Wanda, they went into the living room where everyone was waiting anxiously for them.

Bucky and Rose sat down on the couch across from the others and Natasha handed her a hot cup of tea.

She still had shock written all over her face and didn't quite know where to start.

"Is there anything else coming today?" The cynical undertone in Tony's voice made Bucky's pulse rise. Never had he encountered someone so selfish and insensitive.

"Why don't you let her sort out her thoughts first Tony?" Gave Steve, who himself was not pleased with the comment and saw that Bucky would go for Tony's throat if he reported it again, admonishingly.

Rose gathered her thoughts and began to tell the others everything, trying to mention as many details as she could.

"I knew there was a reason I didn't like her." Nat was the first to interrupt the uncomfortable silence that had broken out after Rose's story.

The others tried to find a reason why Julia had gone to the trouble of pretending friendship with Rose for years, only to want to kill first Bucky and then Rose.
All were perplexed in this situation and discussed like mad. But no connections could be found.

Bucky realized that all the commotion was too much for Rose at the moment. She sat next to him with her cup of tea, from which she had not yet taken a single sip, and stared into space.

"We're going home for now. I think we all, and especially Rose, need some rest. Natasha? Steve? Please tell the guests who are still in the location that the wedding will not take place today but that everything is okay. They should go home or get their booked rooms, I don't care but they should leave us alone for today."

The two nodded in agreement and Rose and Bucky took a cab home.

"Buckster?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. I would never ditch you I hope you know that."

Bucky looked at her incredulously, put an arm around her and pulled her close.

"Sweetheart, I know that and you have nothing to apologize for. When we get home you go take a hot shower first and I'll order us something to eat Ok?"