Six

A/N: Song recommendation: Jason Aldean - Whiskey me away

----

1943

It had been almost a year since Buck had to go to Camp Leigh in Virginia and she met Peggy on that evening.

In the last year she had successfully completed her training and now she was an agent - Agent Rogers.

Bucky didn't get a chance to come home all last year, he was too busy with his training.

Every week a letter came in from him for Steve and Rose.
He told them about his colleagues, how demanding his training was and how much he would miss them both.
Often pictures were included.

Steve had also set his mind to something in the past few months - he also really wanted to join the Army.
So he traveled halfway across the country and tried again and again, always using a fake name and always getting rejected.

Rose had already had a few arguments with him about this. Not only was it getting depressing, but it was illegal. If they caught him doing it, he would have to face a hefty fine.

Becca had also been back in town for two months. She had successfully mastered the school in the last five years and now she studied art and literature.

Bucky's sister, now 21, lived just two blocks away and spent every free minute she had with Rose. They had become good friends.

---

It was a sunny Sunday morning and Rose was still in bed.

It was her day off and she always started it by lying in bed as long as possible.

Even if she was already awake, she just lay there, enjoyed the sun rays that shone through her window on the bed and danced on her skin and lost herself in her thoughts.

Mostly it was memories of her mother and father or Bucky.

She missed him terribly and she knew that her heart would never belong to any other man but him.

She was jolted out of her thoughts when she heard the apartment door slam.

"Rossiiiee," a shrill voice was heard echoing through the high-ceilinged apartment-it was Becca.

Without knocking she rushed into her room and jumped into bed with Rose.

"God Becca, what put you in such a good mood early this morning?"

Becca looked out the window.

It was April, slowly the days were getting longer and warmer again and you could see new life being breathed into nature.

"You and I are doing something together today. Don't argue - I've got something planned." She grinned from ear to ear.

"You know I hate surprises Beccs."

"Yeah, I know that but today I don't give a damn. Chop chop, rise and shine the day awaits."

Rose was getting ready. She had on a light blue A-line dress that flattered her waist and ended at her knees. The skirt fell gently in slight pleats down her feminine curves. Her hair was curled and she clamped the front part out of her face with bobby pins.

"Where are we going, anyway? And where's Stevie?"

"First we're going to get ice cream and enjoy the first warm rays of the sun, and then we're going to the Stark Expo. Howard Stark is there, too. And Steve's coming there, too. He said he had some errands to run." Becca said.