Chapter 8

Phase 1 Begins...

Here onwards story continues from Shilpa's perspective...

'Just 5 minutes Siyu...I'll be back soon!!!' I said making her sit in my cabin while she kept hurling abuses at me. Stupid girl.

'Ships...I don't care. Either you give me time or I'm going to break your leg then I'll make sure you wouldn't be able to look at any other patients of yours!!! Bloody hell I have been trying to talk to you since a week! You better stay back Dr Shilpa Nayak!!!' she yelled and I looked at Dr Rehman my junior who looked shocked seeing Siya's booming voice.

'Siya...it's a hospital please...And Dr Rehman please visit patient in Room No. 302...Her scan reports don't seem so good. I think we better plan a surgery but I want you to take a look and report me if we need a EMG..I see the femur as well in a pretty bad state...I need your inputs in next 30 mins!' and he nodded saying 'Sure Mam!'

He left the cabin and I sat on my chair and said...
'You don't do this in front of my juniors...Rehman was also my student Siyu! What will he think about me?' I said rolling my eyes.

'And you don't care what we think about you and Naman? It's been a month and a half...you both although agreed that you want to date each other but you both don't have time for each other. I have passed on phone numbers to each other yet all you both do is send stupid WhatsApp forwards to each other or wish a good morning, goodnight!!! Now that's not dating in anyway ok!!!' she yelled

'We stay in different countries Siya! What do you expect us to do?'

'Atleast a phone call? Haven't you heard of long distance relationship???'

'I....Ummm...I don't know Siya
..it's...Ummmm...Its...It's kinda odd!!!' I said honestly and she huffed saying...

'Atleast try talking!!! I don't care! Tonight you and Naman are going on a virtual date!!!"

'Virtual whatttttt??? That's so lame!' I walked away to get myself a glass of water.

'I don't care! This is the only way out! You either have a virtual date with him or I have my way out!!!' I said and she wiggled her eyebrows.

It's a torture!!! Never agree you date your bestie's brother in law! Lesson learnt!!!

'This is embarassing!!!' I said trying to pull up my black strapped bodycon gown which Siya asked me to wear for this stupid virtual date!!!

He cleared his throat and said...
'Ummm yupp...I mean...wooow!!! You look nice' he said glaring at his laptop screen

He was sitting probably on his dining table because I saw there was Italian food and wine. He was definitely on a mood to date and I here sat with my bowl of maggi and coke tin!

Bad!!!

'Maggi???' he asked and I smiled saying...

'I still can't cook and the food delivery guy cancelled out...so you know last resort!!!' I said shoving a spoonful in my mouth while he chuckled saying

'Well...I had a business meeting. The Sheikh and his family were invited home and I'm sorry but I already had to eat with them. But I can give you company with this...' he said showing me a flute glass

I smiled.

Wooow!!! This is so fucked up!!!

'Ummm so.....'

'Yeahhhh...how was work?'

'Good???'

'Hmmm!!!'

'How is hospital?'

'Good!!!'

'Hmmm'

Gosh!!! This is so awkward!!!

'Ummmm I can make tea coffee as well!' I tried adding and he smiled.

What's with these smiles!!!
Damn we are supposed to talk!!!
We already know so much about each other!!! Damn!!!

'He simply a finished a few glasses of wine and I finished my Maggi!!!'
I said while stuffing another mouthful of Panipuri while Siya slapped her forehead.

'Whattttt??? It's....it's...so dramatic!!!' I said and she rolled her eyes.

She immediately dialled Naman's number and here I was hiding myself. It sounds like i complained about him to his sister in law!!!

But then Naman was smiling and he wished a 'Hi'. In a blue colored suit he looked breathtakingly handsome.

'I heard things didn't go beyond wine and maggii last night???' and Naman smiled saying...

'Vanni...we are friends... what do we talk?' and Siya huffed saying...

'Exactly you both are friends so why not become best friends...I don't care you both have to talk to each other on your likes dislikes, favorite movies, favorite food, office and hospital politics...worst case bitch about me!!!' and we both giggled.

'Great!!! It's a damn joke for you both!!! Fine then...Naman...you have work to do...you are going to have a new housemate this November!!!' and my eyes almost popped out of my sockets and Naman also looked shocked.

'I just realised virtual and long distance is a joke to you both so it's simple you Dr Shilpa Nayak are going on a one month vacation to Dubai and you Mr Naman businessman Prabhu are going to be a good host and spending a month with each other!!!' and my jaws almost dropped.

'What the freak Siya??? Same house...you know that's not practical!!!" I argued while she said

'Everything is possible! And I am really willing you both to give a honest try each! So it's simple spend time together 24/7' she said.

Naman gulped saying

'Vanni...you are asking us to live in?' and Siya huffed saying

'Stop talking like you both will eat each other up...you hardly look at each other! Atleast spend time! And no!!! It's not a live-in!!! Naman you own a lavish 5bhk penthouse. Can't Shilpa take one room from all that 5 bedrooms!!!' and he pouted and then nodded

Damn! He nodded!!!

Then she looked at me and before I could give her any reasons she said...
'You have vacations, you need a break, it's not a live-in, you will get a break from stupid paparazzi, you dont have to suffer the hotel food, Naman cooks great food including Panipuri!!!' she said and I gulped in my saliva asking

'Panipuri as well??' and Naman gave it a thought saying...
'Well yeah.. shouldn't be a tough job!!!'

Siya was smart! She didn't leave a chance for me to argue. And I had to agree.

Post the phone call I asked her about 'Tink' and she said Chinnu will take care of him. He is my baby and I was leaving him alone for a month.

I don't know this all feels so odd.

A month of being with a man in a house 24/7

Shit!!!! I'm doomed.