Chapter 10

It's been 3 days that I have been living at his apartment. Its a warm and cosy place but I feel empty. Naman is extremely busy. Since last 3 days he has been attending meetings and dinners with his investors. It's just breakfast time we talk to each other. He asks me a few things and then gets busy attending calls by his assistant. Stupid assistant. She doesn't even let him eat a breakfast peacefully.

Rubna aunty is a nice lady. She comes by morning 6 am, does all the household work and leaves by afternoon 1 pm. And then I watch movies, read some novels and for the rest I make a cup of tea for myself and binge on some popcorn and chit chat with Siya and Gayatri aunty. They are fun. But otherwise I really don't know where is this going!

'Siya... Gayathri aunty...this is so uncomfortable...why did you folks ask him to take me on a dinner. It looks so much forced. I mean it's ok...I ca'

But I was been interrupted by Gayathri aunty saying ...
'No Cherda (child)...it's almost going to be a week and you both haven't even gone out...and come on who works on Fridays??? For god sake you are in Dubai and my idiotic son hasn't even took you out anywhere...nothing doing you get ready. Naman must be there in another 30 mins!!!' she said and I was left speechless.

I looked at the dresses which Siya's friend and designer Fatima had designed for me and honestly they were beautiful. But they were all party gowns and dresses but I wasn't really into gowns I picked a cute dress. Again it looked too much for a simple dinner however now wasn't the time to throw tantrums so I picked a beige colored knee length frock with white belt. It was a cold night so I preferred to match it up with a brown colored jacket to keep me warm. And I wasn't really into heels I matched it with my white sneakers. I naturally tied up a pony tail and walked out only to see Naman yelling at someone on the call.

Shit!!! Bad mood alert!!!

He disconnected the call and turned around and passed me a smile. I felt uncomfortable.

'Ummmm Naman...if you are busy we can drop this...I mean you know Siya and Gayathri aunty won't know...we can just tell them...' I say and he is stunned for a few minutes... It's like he is thinking something and suddenly he snaps out and asks...

'You are not mad at me for not being able to give you time for this entire week?' he asks softly and I smile as I realise that he indeed has thought about it
..

'Welll...you realising alone is a big affair! I thought you forgot about me lol' I said and his smile fades

Damn!!! Your sarcasm Shilpa!!!

'Heyyyyy I know Naman you have a busy schedule and it's completely fine with me...I mean I don't blame you...I am the same when I'm attending patients...i forget the world!!!' I say and he smiles back again adding...

'Believe me I am not avoiding you...I'm just too busy' he says taking a step closer. I smile saying...
'I know and you don't need to explain Naman! I know you!!!' and again I see him drifting into his thoughts.

Quickly he recovers asking...
'Ahmmmm shall we?' saying he offers me his hand and I smile and take it.

'Welllllllll... Ahhhhemmmm!' I clear my throat trying to gauge the surroundings around me. It is probably an expensive 5 star business class hotel and currently we are at the 64th floor where Naman has a table set up for us both. I see all elegant ladies and men around me in gowns and tuxedos. There were waiters who were better dressed than me. Someone played a violin in the corner, we could hardly hear muffled smiles. Mind you smiles!!! Not laughter!! So so silent and suddenly it hits me that I am the odd one out. Amongst all the perfect business class I would stick out like a sore thumb.