Chapter Five

I PUT THE GLASS UP TO MY LIPS, not taking my eyes off of him for one second. He's smiling: one corner of his perfect mouth turned up to reveal a deep dimple. His eyes are a bright green, a detail I only notice when the lights moving over the dance floor happen to hit his face.

He's honesty too hot.

"Told you you would like it." He puts his own glass to his lips, content as I take another sip of the sweat and creamy drink. I've had these before, more than once and it's nothing new. But he is.

"Harry, by the way." He leans over, throwing his hand between us.

"Noah," I introduce myself, looking down as his large hand wraps around mine. He is wearing two rings and multiple hand-crafted bracelets.

I don't know much about the biggest member of One Direction, but the man standing in front of me is not what I pictured at all. How is this one of those five boys that sing those teen pop love ballads? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to tell you you're beautiful when you smile at the ground. No. Not at all. The man in front of me would say you're sexy when your pushed against the wall and begging for it.

And I bet he'd give it to you good.

"Isn't Noah a boys name?" He chuckles, bringing me out of my fantasy before it can begin. His gaze drifts down to my lips and I watch as his eyes darken.

I'm biting my lip.

I release my lip immediately and his gaze-reluctantly-moves back up to my face. My mum must be right, what I am thinking is always painted on my face for the whole world to see.

"My-uhm-mum didn't want me to be like anyone else." I say. I take another sip of the drink, allowing my gaze to wander. As I look around the large and open room I catch sight of Tammy. She's staring, mouth agape as she takes in the guy standing just a touch too close to me. I smile and her awed expression changes to something I can't quite place.

"Well you certainly aren't like anyone else, are you?" I turn back to Harry. He's smiling at his own private joke and he puts the glass back up to his lips as if to mask his smile.

His lips wrap around the edge of the glass perfectly and his Adam's apple bobs as he swallows his sip.

I am paying way too close attention to him. I train my eyes on my own glass as I read into the meaning behind his words. Yes, he'd give it to me good.

"So, Noah," he takes another step closer to me. He is so close, his face centimeters away from mine and his lips right at eye level as he leans against the rounded edge of the bar. "How come I haven't seen you around before?"

"Well I don't know. How come I haven't seen you around?" I counter.

Yes!

Now this, this is blog Noah.

Confident, sexy.

She doesn't look ridiculous as she bats her eyelashes at the famous singer and his inked up arm that is brushing against hers.

She's in control of this situation and knows it. And so does he.

"I travel quite a bit." He answers, placing his now empty glass on the other edge of the bar for a bartender to pick up. "And I'm sorry we are just meeting now."

He reaches up and confident Noah leaves me stranded. My breath catches in my throat and my cheeks heat almost instantly. His fingertips are cold as the softly brush against my cheek and pushes a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

He pulls back and clasps his hands together and I am left breathless. He is smiling. He knows the effect that not-so-harmless move had on me and he's basking in it as I regain my composure.

"Dance with me, Noah." It isn't a question, a guy like him doesn't need to ask. It's a command. I want to nod and tell him to take me wherever the hell he wants. But somehow, confident Noah finds her way back through the fog.

"I actually see my friends," I say, glancing over to where Tammy and Steph are now watching my very intimate exchange with this perfect stranger. "It was nice meeting you Harry." I smile over my shoulder as I turn and allow my gaze to flow down his long body before I am facing the other way.

I can feel his green eyes on me as I walk away, hips swaying as I stare down Tammy and Steph.

Was that real? And why in the hell did I walk away from it?