1. The Search

Riker's POV:

"Well it's been decided. I'm going to be adopting a child. Now I just have to figure out the adoption process and how it all works. I know that I'll have to get a social worker and that there are some home evaluations to be done before I can adopt a child but I have to figure out the order in which all this happens." I explain to my younger siblings and grandparents as my parents look on.

"Well that's wonderful sweetheart I think you'll do a good job at parenting!" My Mamoo encouraged me.

"Yeah, Riker I think this will be good for you. All of us actually!" Rydel chimed in.

"Now if you excuse me I need to go do some research on adoption and how to get a social worker." I excused myself from the living room. As I was leaving I over heard some of my mom and Mamoo's conversation:

"He's really into this idea isn't he?" Mamoo said.

"He really is, but I think this will be good for him. To have a change in his life and give him new adventures and memories to make." Mom responded

"Well if he parents anything like you two I know he'll do one amazing job and that child will be so lucky!" Mamoo showered me with praise. And with that I entered my room and shut the door.

I got out my lap top and went to "The Google!" and typed in adoption. Instantly tons of web pages came up on the topic. I picked the one that corresponded with the laws of California and how it all works. It talked about getting a social worker and how when my adoption application was complete they would open my file and start matching me with the right type of children who they think would thrive and have a healthy and stable life living with me. After reading all of that information I started my search for a good social worker. An hour went by of phone calls and emails till finally I found one that seemed to fit me, my needs, and my personality. I believe she will be amazing in helping me find a perfect match. She asked me to meet her down at her office in 20 mins and knowing the L.A. traffic meant I had to leave A.S.A.P. So I grabbed my coat, keys, wallet, and phone and ran out of my room to the foyer and put my shoes on followed by my jacket. I was just about to leave to when my dad stopped me.

"Hey where are you off to in such a rush?" He questioned.

"To meet my social worker quickly and fill out a couple forms. Don't worry I won't be too long, I'll be back in time for supper. now if you'll excuse me I need to leave otherwise I'll be late for our appointment.". He nodded his head and with that I left and hopped into my car driving off down the road to my destination.

19 Minutes Later...

I walked into the office with a minute to spare and I don't think I have ever felt more relieved in my life. I went up to the receptionist desk but before I spoke I heard someone clear their throat behind me before they spoke.

"Hello, Mr. Lynch?"

"Yes"

"Hi there I'm Michelle we spoke on the phone multiple times and had emailed back and forward as well." she greeted with a hand shake.

"Ahh...yes I remember. Please call me Riker."

"Of course. Why don't we step into my office and start with your adoption applicant forms" I nodded and she lead me back into her office where I sat down as she rummaged through her filing cabinet for the papers she was looking for and a file folder which she wrote "LYNCH. R." on.

The application was pretty normal nothing too crazy that I couldn't figure out. Mostly basic things like my full name, where I live now and have lived in the past, education, marital status, if I have children currently, if I've applied for an adoption before, past and present jobs, current income, and who else will be living with the adopted child. Once that was complete Michelle entered me into the system as an awaiting adoptive parent and took me through the general process of it all. From how now that I've been entered the social workers of the children will send her possible matches for me and how she'll only pick a select few that will continue onto me and how I'll have to make decisions on if I would like to seek further into some children or not. To be honest it was actually starting to feel overwhelming and I was almost regretting my decision to go through with all of this, but there's no going back now. Not when I could be so close to gaining a child. Things are going to change around here in a matter of a few months.

————————————————————————————-

Sup guys!! I'm back with a different story woot woot! I'm super excited about this one and I have like 6 chapters ready to go! But here's what I need from you, to show me that you're actually into my book.

So for the next update I would like 2 votes and 2 comments

I will continue to write the book but it will NOT be published until it reaches the amount of votes and comments I've asked for. Again the only reason I'm asking for this in order for an update is because I would like to know that I'm doing a good job and that people like my books and ideas.

Thanks for understanding! I love you all!! Thank you so much for the support!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Adica