7. Rehearsals

Just so you're all aware this story started on February 5, 2015. So the date in this chapter is April 8, 2015 and is continuing from there so I'm basically writing into the future. So Riker is technically on DWTS still. So some of this chapter will take place in the rehearsal studio with Allison Holker. She will also continue to appear throughout the story and anybody else who has been affiliated with R5. And if you're ever wondering what the date is just let me know and I can work it out for you. Sweet here we go!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Allison's POV:

Today Riker came into rehearsals sorta distracted. Things he would normally be nailing, he's messing up every time we do them. Right now we're taking our lunch break so now's a good a time as ever to talk to him about it.

"Hey babe. What's going on? You seem off today."

"Oh sorry... I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"Like what? You know you can tell me anything."

"Yup. It's just family stuff that I'm trying to work out."

"Anything specific that we can work through?"

"Ok so you have a daughter."

"Yes I do and she's my world! She's my mini me! I don't know what I'd do without her."

"Exactly! That's exactly how I'm feeling right now."

"Riker you don't have a daughter though."

"Not yet. It don't have a daughter yet. And there are 2 of them. But yesterday after their visitation they had to be taken back to their foster home until the court order goes through later today so that I can have them tomorrow. The hard part is they didn't want to leave me. They screamed and bawled their eyes out. They fought my social worker who was trying to get them into their car seats to get back into my arms. My youngest daughter had a death grip around my neck and I had to calm her down enough so that I could send her away. It broke my heart to hear them scream like that. All I wanted to do was keep them in my arms so I knew they'd be safe, but I couldn't..." he trailed off with tears evident in his eyes.

"Riker I had no idea I'm sorry. We can stop rehearsing if you want and just go get a Starbucks." He laughed at that one then replied, "Nah I think I can do it now that I've told someone. By the way would you mind if I brought them to rehearsal tomorrow? It's my first day with them and I don't want to leave them. Not after what happened yesterday."

"Of course, that'd be so cute!"

"Thanks! And tonight we're having a BBQ and room decorating party to get everything ready for when they come Thursday morning and you, your husband, and daughter, Weslie, are welcome to come. In fact it would be much appreciated if you could come shopping for them with me after rehearsals."

"Awe thanks Riker! We'd love to come to the BBQ. And yes I'll help you shop for your daughters. How old are they? and what are their names?"

"They're 2 and their names are Kinley and Kenzie."

"OMG too cute! I'm so excited to meet them! Now back to rehearsing so we can go shopping!"

4 Hours Later After Rehearsals and Shopping for the Girls

Riker' POV:

After rehearsals for DWTS Allison and I went shopping for my girls to get everything I would need for them including clothes, car seats, shoes, head bands, sun glasses, a stroller, high chairs, and pretty much anything you can imagine needing for little girls. Needless to say I spent a lot of money. But hey any dad wants to spoil his princess's. Once I dropped Allison off at her house so that she could get her family ready to come over for the BBQ tonight, I headed home to help make the house presentable and ready for decorating the girls room for tomorrow.

"Hey guys could I get some help?" I yelled to which ever siblings were home. I'm guessing only Rydel, Rocky, and Ryland were home considering their cars were the only ones in the driveway. Oh and Ell was here too.

"What do you need help with Riker?" Rocky asked walking into the foyer.

"Getting the bags and boxes out of my car and putting them into the spare room for now." I explained to him as the others came in and I was right everyone except Ross was home. They all followed Rocky out to my car to start bringing things in when I heard "Damn Riker how much did you buy?" Come from Ryland's mouth.

"Only as much that was necessary for my girls!" I yelled back putting all I had down.

"I'm just saying that it seems a little excessive bro." Rocky said walking past me with his arms full of bags.

"Riker I'm going to set up the high chairs on some chairs so that it's done and they have their special seats." Rydel informed me as she walked into the dining room. I acknowledged that I heard her and walked back out to my car where Ryland and Ellington were wrestling trying to get the car seat boxes open to instal them. I stood back and watched for a moment while playing with the Exacto-Knife in my hand. When I thought that they had wrestled with the boxes enough I walked over and cut open the tape, then put the knife on the ground in case they would need it again, as they thanked me and went back to figuring out how to install they car seats. I took more bags in as Rocky came out to grab the last of them.

Once everything was either set up (high chairs) or installed (car seats) or stored in the spare bedroom we had all sat down to take a break and wait for mom and dad to come home from shopping and Ross from where ever he was.