5. Catching Up

Hey guys so basically this chapter is going to be a filler chapter just so that Riker can update his family on all the events that have happened with the twins and if there are any problems with the adoption of them and they'll talk about tour and stuff. Just bare with me through this chapter. It won't be super long but it will be semi important. So enjoy and thanks for reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stormie's POV:

Today I have called a family day. No one is allowed to go out anywhere unless we're all doing something together. With Riker adopting these girls we haven't had time to just talk and catch up with each other. So today that's what we're doing talking, catching up, and hanging out by the pool having a BBQ, s'mores later in the evening around the fire and hopefully my kids will treat me to an acoustic performance. We were all hanging out poolside and I notice that Riker is no where to be found. I excuse myself from everyone and go into the house to look for him. I found him sitting at the dining room table on Pinterest looking at "Toddler Girl Bedroom" ideas. He's really getting into this whole parenting thing.

"Riker. What are you doing?" I asked my eldest son.

"Oh..Hi mom. I'm just looking at how I may do the girls room. Did you know that this site gives you tons of great ideas and how to achieve them?" He seemed so excited to tell however I already knew all about the world of Pinterest.

"Yes Riker I did. But did you know that we're having this wonderful thing called Family Day outside in the pool and if I recall my family doesn't consist of just Rydel, Rocky, Ross, Ryland, and your father. You are also in my family." I hinted to my son to come out and join us.

"Right. Sorry mom I got caught up on here! Man this site is so addicting! I'm coming right now."

"Thank-you." With that he closed the laptop and came with me outside to rejoin in our family day.

Ross's POV:

"Hey Rocky"

"What up Ross?"

"Does it bother you that because of this adoption we have to push tour back another 2 months?"

"Not really"

"Why not?"

"Listen, if you're really that upset about it why don't we all just talk it out."

"No bro Riker will hate me."

"Dude he won't hate you. Just talk to them about it maybe he'll be able to rearrange things so that we can start tour a month earlier or something. There only has to be 3 visits by the social worker over 6 months. So if we schedule it right that could mean all those visits will be done by August instead of September. It won't hurt to ask him Ross."

"I guess you're right...HEY GUYS CAN WE HAVE A FAMILY/BAND MEETING?" It was now or never. Everyone said a 'yes', or 'yeah' and gathered around the family picnic table.

"So what's up Ross?" Dad started off the conversation by passing it over to me considering it was my idea.

"Well I was just wondering if it was at all possible to some how make tour earlier?"

"Ross, we've been through this before that we can't. Michelle has to have 3 visitations here at the house over 6 months before they are officially mine and if they aren't done here where she can see that they will, no matter where we are, be cared for properly, we can't go on tour." Riker restated to me what we discussed yesterday.

"Ya but Rocky made a good point when we were just talking that if we schedule Michelle's visits at the beginning of each month that will make her 3 visits done by August."

"Ross that would only make her visits over 5 months and the law clearly states it must 6 full months before the courts can start making their adoption final. So that means her visits have to be at the end of the month not the beginning." Riker shot down my idea.

"Wait why couldn't we just play small shows? You know like around California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Utah? That way we just fly places and stay in hotels instead of being on a tour bus. Plus those would be like weekend gigs so the girls would still be here most of the time." Ryland suggested a very smart idea.

Dad chimed in on the situation unfolding infront of him, "That sounds like it could work, BUT and that's a very big "but" (Rocky, Ry, and I all started to crack up when dad said this.) Riker would have to make sure with Michelle that he's allowed to take Kinley and Kenzie outside of California. He may not be allowed to and if this is the case we'll just stick to playing around here."

"Well I think there has been enough talk about tour. Riker why don't you tell us about the twins so that we're prepared for when we meet them." Mom changed the subject.

Riker talked for about a half hour on the twins and their personalities and how he thinks we should act around them. Then we ate some supper which was cooked deliciously by dad and Rocky. Around 8 p.m. dad started the fire and Rocky and I got our guitars while mom and Rydel brought out the ingredients for s'mores. The night ended with us singing, eating s'mores, joking, and having a really great time. I completely forgot about my disappointment about not going on tour sooner.