6. Kinley and Kenzie Together

Riker's POV:

I stood at the door watching my girls be unloaded from their car seats in Michelle's car. Kenzie first, then Michelle went to the other side to get Kinley. As Michelle was setting Kinley on the ground to walk over to the house Kenzie came running as fast as her short little legs could take her right to me. This surprised me at first then I guessed that she remembered how much fun she had with me the other day on her first visit. I picked her up when she reached me and threw her up into the air and caught her. By the time Michelle had reached me with Kinley, Kenzie was sitting comfortably on my hip with her head lying on my shoulder.

"I think someone likes you Riker." Michelle said pointing at Kenzie with a laugh. I invited her into the house and we took off the girls shoes and set them on the floor. Not long after we did they ran to the living room to play with their toys. When we walked in it was the sight I thought I would see. Kenzie playing LEGO and Kinley playing dolls. As per usual I offered Michelle water and she said yes. Only this time she came with me to the kitchen to get the water and twins drinks. I handed her and glass of water and started on Kinley and Kenzie's cups of watered down apple juice. As we walked in the girls looked up, pointed to their cups, and signed please. So I handed them their cups and they went back to playing just like they did when they were here separately. I turned to Michelle and asked, "Do they talk yet? I have yet to hear them talk."

"They do talk. You should have heard them on the way over here. Non stop chatter boxes! I think it might just be that they're still getting used to being here and they're both so shy. It may take awhile, but you never know you might hear them talking to each other while they think you're not paying attention." She informed me. "So I was thinking since we know they're already pretty comfortable do you want to get Thursday's meeting out of the way and have your family meet them today?"

"Are you serious? Would that mean I would have them living with me on Thursday instead?" I was completely shocked and getting excited. All Michelle did was nod. At that moment I almost jumped around out of happiness but some how I was able to control my feelings. "Excuse me while I go call them." Michelle said "Please do" with a smile and with that I went out on the patio.

Phone call between Riker (R) and Stormie (S)

ring....ring....ring...

S: Hello?

R: Hey mom. Is everyone with you and dad?

S: Ya babe what's up?

R: Well Kinley and Kenzie are ready. They're ready to meet all of you. So if you're able to get here quickly we can get your visitation with over with and have them living with us by Thursday!

S: Riker that's fantastic! We'll be there in about 20 minutes then!

R: We'll see you soon then! Bye mom love you!

S: Bye Riker love you too!

end of phone call

I was just about to walk inside when I see Kenzie sitting in a patio chair next to where I was standing. I decided that I was going to try to make my baby girl talk. I wanted to hear her voice.

"Hey Kenzie. Did you follow me out here?" she nodded. "Why?" she stayed quiet for a moment then answered.

"I no want you leave me." This almost brought me to tears hearing my girl say she doesn't want me to leave her. "Don't worry Kenz, I was just calling someone on my phone. I was coming back." I reassured her without saying the words I won't leave you since she'll be leaving me in about an hour. "Come KenzieBear let's go back inside and play." She smiled and grabbed my finger. I lead her inside the house and back into the living room where Michelle looked panicked. "Michelle it's ok Kenzie was with me. She followed me onto the patio while I was phoning my family. Who should be here shortly."