15. Recovery

Ross's POV:

It's been 2 days since Kinley was admitted into the hospital and we haven't gotten any word from Riker on whether she's gotten better or not. We've all been worried about her. We left tour immediately the following day. We had the earliest possible flight booked. As we all went back to the house to unpack our stuff mom went straight to the hospital to check on Kinley and Riker and we haven't heard from or seen her since. She's been there taking care of Riker all day and coming home at 1 or 2 in the morning and is out of the house again by 5:30. I honestly have no idea how she's doing it on such little sleep. I'm hoping that today we either hear from her or Riker, I'm really anxious to know what's going on with my niece. Now I know what you're thinking, why are you so concerned when you're not even supportive of the adoption. Well here's the answer: if something happens to this little girl Riker will be a mess and if Riker is a mess then we won't be able to continue tour because he won't be able to do it emotionally. All I'm thinking about here is my brothers emotions and the feelings of our fans. Don't get me wrong I hope Kinley will be okay because I wouldn't wish death on anyone, but she isn't my main priority.

"Ross!" I heard my sister yell for me. "What?" I called back. "Just come down stairs. Dad needs to talk to us." I sighed and lazily roll myself out of my bed dragging my feet along the carpet as I trudged down stairs to see what my father wanted. I rounded the corner into the main living room and see my family standing in front of me, well all but my mother and brother. Also in the room was my wonderful girlfriend who I gladly went over to say hello to. I engulfed her small body into mine as I hugged her. Then before I fully pulled away I kissed her, earning a few coughs from my family, trying to bring me back to what was going on around me and the real reason I was asked to come down.

"Okay so now that were all here and I have your attention." dad started while staring at me. "I have some news on Kinley. She is still going to be kept in the hospital for the next 2 days but she is recovering well and the way the doctors want her to. With that being said mom and Riker will still be with her for the next 2 days and when she does come home she needs to still be resting till we go on tour, otherwise she may have a relapse." "Can we go see her?" Rydel interjected. "Unfortunately no. She is being kept under quarentine because the disease is contagious. The only people the doctor has allowed to see her are mom, Riker, Vanni, and 2 select nurses. I tried to see her today and the doctor wouldn't let me because he said it would be too dangerous to have that many people exposed to the disease." "Well don't we think it's dangerous to Riker around this disease when we're about to go on tour for 4 months?" I stated getting a little angry. Courtney sensed me getting tense and rubbed my arm immediately bringing my mood down. There is just something about her touch that calms me. Man I love her. "Thank-you for your concern Ross, but no. The disease is only life threatening to young children. With that being said Ross and Rocky I need you to go pick up Kenzie from Allison's and bring her home." I rolled my eyes while Rocky agreed. Great that's the last thing I want to do while my girl friend is here, go pick up my niece with my brother. "So boys can you go do that now please, Allison is expecting you since she and Weslie need to leave shortly." I nodded and followed Rocky out to the car after saying goodbye to Court.

Rocky's POV:

The car ride with Ross so far is silent and tense. He's been acting weird lately and it's starting to make me angry. He's been rude to anyone who brings up the twins and really hasn't wanted to do anything as a family. This isn't the Ross everyone knows and loves.

"Yo Ross what's up?" I try to start a conversation with my little brother.

"Nothing. Why are you so interested in me all of a sudden?" Ross spat back.