17. Tour Finally

Rydel's POV

June 24, 2015

The twins have officially been adopted now for 4 days and we've set off applications for their passports since we leave for Europe in two months. Currently I'm packing their suitcases for the US part of the tour which starts in 4 days. I'm so excited!!  Especially since all their clothes are so adorable, I can't even. I'm going to have so much fun dressing them all tour!
"Aunnie?" Kenzie said whilst tapping me on the shoulder. "Yes babe?"  "Why you making my and Kinwey clothes go away?"  She pondered as if she would never see them again. "Oh no Kenzie I'm not getting rid of them, I'm packing them" "why?" She interjected. "Because we're going away. All of us as a family for a long time."  "Why?" oh no the why stage of life... I thought to myself before answering her. "Daddy decided that he wanted to take you along this time to show you what he does as a job." "Ok" and with that she was gone. A little perplexed by what just occurred with Kenzie I sat staring at the pile of clothes in front of me that I still had left to pack thinking of how easily she was to please with answers. Once I got over the shock of her just forgetting what we were talking about I went back to work on packing up what they'd need.

Riker's POV:

"Daddy what do you do for a job?" Kenzie asked while bouncing up onto my lap. "I am in a band with Auntie and Uncles. Why do you ask Bear?"  "Cause Aunnie was putting my and Kinwey clothes in a bag and said we going away for a long time as a famiwy."  "Oh I see. Well daddy has to go play shows for all of his fans across the country and I decided to bring you with me. Unless you wanted to go stay with Auntie Allison while I'm gone?"  "Is Kinwey coming?"  "Yes baby she is."  "Then I come too!" "Oh good I'm so happy you want to come!  Now let's go wash up and see what grandma made us for lunch."  With that she slid off my lap and ran to the bathroom to wash her hands.

I was about to go into the kitchen when I almost ran into Rydel also heading for the kitchen.
"Hey Rydel. I just had a strange conversation with Kenzie after she came downstairs?  She was asking about my job. Do know anything about that since you were upstairs as well?"

"Oh yea. I was packing their clothes for tour and she asked me why. So I told her that the family was going on a trip for your job."

"Ahh ok that explains it thank you!  Now let's go eat some food!"

"Hey honey!" Mom greeted me as I walked into the kitchen.
"Hi mom". I returned the greeting.
"What are your plans for this afternoon? Are you all packed for your?" She inquired.
"Well I have to take Kinley to a bunch of doctors appointments just to make sure she is fully recovered and able to fly and be with us on tour. Other than that nothing cause I finished packing my stuff last night and Rydel said she would do the twins for me." I rattled off my list of to do' for today.
"Ahh I see. How many appointments does she have?"
"2-3 depending on her blood tests."
"What does that mean depending on her blood tests?" Mom seemed to be a little worried.
"Well the first appointment is the normal check up plus some blood work. Then we go to check the results of the blood work to make sure it's normal, that's the second one, and then if there needs to be anything done further that would be the third appointment."

She nodded signalling she understood what I meant now. "when do you need to leave for those?"
"After lunch. Her first appointment is at 1:42"
"Well lunch is ready so you two can start eating now."
"Thanks mom I'll go find her and get her to eat now then." I smiled while thanking her and left to go find my daughter.

As I was going down the hall to find Kinley I passed Rocky and stopped him since I needed to ask him a question.
"Hey Rock. Can you do me a favour today?"
"Yea sure what's up Riker?"
"Kinley has some doctors appointments today and Kenzie would find them really boring and just be a distraction. So what I'm asking is can you please watch her for a couple hours today?" 
"Of course Riker. But I have a ton of errands to run today but I'm sure she'll enjoy that plus we can stop and get some special ice cream or something."
"Thanks bro! Oh and by the way lunch is ready."
We parted ways as he went to the kitchen and I to continue my search for Kinley.