13.Visitations, Tours, and Sicknesses

Riker's POV:

"Hey Riker I hope you don't mind but we invited Michelle to come join us for dinner since today is her last visitation. If we didn't invite her you would have had to wait another 2 weeks before you could officially adopt the girls." My mom informed me as Michelle walked towards our meeting spot outside the restaurant. "Thanks for the 30 second heads up." I mumbled sarcastically which mom picked up on and subtly elbowed my stomach. After I had finished feeling sorry for myself Michelle had said hello to everyone but the twins and myself which I then took the opportunity to welcome her to our family dinner. Just then my dad appeared out of the restaurant telling us that our table was ready. When I saw the table I instantly knew which seat was mine. It was the one at the end of the table that had a high chair on either side. Before I sat down Ryland walked by me, put a hand on my shoulder and whispered with a snicker "Welcome to fatherhood".
"shut up". I put Kinley and Kenzie in their seats and took mine. Ross sat beside Kinley because he's one of the only siblings she's not afraid of and Ryland was beside Kenzie. Next to Ryland was Vanni, then it went Michelle, Rydel, Savannah, mom, and Allison with Weslie on the end. The other side of the table went Kinley, Ross, Courtney, Rocky, Ell, Brandon, Mark, and Twitch. Halfway through the meal I noticed Michelle talking to Vanni again and like the last time it looked serious. I looked around the table to see everyone having a conversation with someone. Mom was probably congratulating Allison on our progress and how she thought we should have won. Dad was having a conversation with TwiTch about something probably regarding their work. Savvy and Rydel were chatting away about random girl things and Ellington was trying to distract them in weird ways with Rocky and Brandon. Ryland was playing with Kenzie, Ross and Courtney were having they're own little conversation as if no one else was in the room and well I was just sitting there observing when Kinley caught my attention. "Daddy out. I want to sit wit you." She then stretched her arms out to me. Within 30 seconds and 1 swift motion I had Kinley sitting on my lap and she was back to colouring her menu.

I think I had zoned out because the next thing I noticed was Michelle putting her hand on my shoulder and saying her goodbyes and that she'll let me know when our court date is for the adoption. She also said that I had approval for TwiTch and Allison to watch the girls while we go to New York for a few shows and Ross's GMA appearance for TB2. I thanked her and watched her go as I went back to trying to pay attention to my family. Although I knew I couldn't since I would have to break the only promise I made to my girls. I had to leave them and it wasn't going to be pretty.

1 Week Later (May 29th)

Today was the day I had to break my promise to my girls that I would never leave them. However I had to. We had to be in Buffalo by tonight in order to play our show tomorrow. I slowly walked into my babies room to get their things ready for their 3 night stay at Allison and Stephen (TwiTch)'s house. Quietly I got all they would need, shirts, shorts, pants, dresses, sweaters, pajamas, shoes, hair brushes, hair ties, bows, clips, head bands, their tooth brushes and tooth paste. The only things I left for the last minute was their pillows, blankets and stuffed animals. Since it was 6:30 a.m. and they were still sleeping. I needed to have them out of the house by 8 and at the Boss house for 8:30 as our plane was leaving by 10. I took their belongings down stairs and set it in front of the front door. Once that was done I made my way to the kitchen thinking about how to make this morning so special they'd be excited to go hang out with Allison, Stephen, and Weslie for a few days.

"Riker"

...

"Riker!"

"Hmmm?" "Oh hey Rydel."

"Clearly something's on your mind I've asked you 3 times if you wanted french toast or one of my avocado and egg bagels for breakfast. So which would you like?"