3. Meet Kinley

Rydel's POV:

"Riker calm down. It'll go great! I know it! But in order for it to go great you need to calm down and not show that you're nervous." I tried to calm my brother who was pacing back and forth in the foyer and stopping every once in awhile to check himself in the mirror to make sure he looked perfect, but chances are he looked the same every time he checked.

"Thanks Rydel, but it has to go perfect. It's the first time I'll be meeting my daughter and if she doesn't like me it will break my heart. I don't know what I'll do." He trailed off

"All you can do is be you. Be the comforting, protective, sweet, charming, loving brother I know and there's no way she won't fall for it too. All she really wants to feel from you is love and comfort. That you won't leave her. Do that and she won't ever leave your side."

"I guess your right Rydel. Thank-you. You always know what to say. I love you! Now you better round everyone up and get going. Michelle will be here with Kinley shortly and it's not your turn to meet her yet." He tried joking with me but it was no use he was still nervous and it showed. But I did as he said and went to find everybody.

"Hey Rock, Ry we gotta get going. Turn that off while I find Ross and meet me in the car. Oh and by the way maybe say something encouraging to Riker he's kinda freaking out." And with that I turned and around and walked out of the living room on my way to find Ross hearing my younger brothers yell "Ok's" and "Will Do's". I found Ross on the patio in a chair strumming his guitar and thinking about things. Unfortunately I had to interrupt him, but before I did I seized the moment to take a picture of him. The sounds on my phone were on so hearing it snapped him out of his thoughts and turned to me acknowledging I was there.

"What's up?" he inquired.

"It's time to leave. Riker's meeting is soon."

"Ok" and with that he got up and walked away. Somethings up with him. He doesn't seem himself. Better check that out later right now I need to worry about Riker and getting out of the house so that he can meet his future daughter.

As I walked back into the foyer Riker was still there pacing. I chuckled to myself knowing that he won't stop until they come to the door. I walk up to him and hug him. He instantly relaxes.

"See you later. You'll do great! I know it. And hey just enjoy it and be yourself. Be goofy, be silly, be Riker." He nodded and let go. "Bye" I heard him call just before I closed the door. I hope this goes well for him.

Riker's POV:

I finally decided that there was no point in waiting at the front door for Kinley. It was better to do something while I was waiting so that time went by faster and I was right it did because after what felt like 5 minutes (that were actually 30 minutes) the door bell rang. I was so excited that I pretty much ran from the kitchen to the front door. I opened it to see Michelle standing there with my soon to be baby girl sitting on her hip. My Kinley Grace. Looking so pretty with her big brown eyes and gorgeous brown hair tied up in a bun. She was very shy, I could tell that right away by the way she laid her head onto Michelle's shoulder and looked down to the ground. I greeted Michelle and she enter the house with Kinley in tow. We went into the living room where she sat on a couch with Kinley still in her lap.

"Would you like something to drink, Michelle?" I offered.

"A glass of water would be lovely. Thank-you Riker."

I then turned my attention to Kinley and crouched down to her level. "Kinley would you like some apple juice?"

She turned her head in my direction but so that it was still lying on Michelle's chest. She moved her eyes ever so slightly to barely meet mine and slowly removed her thumb that was in her mouth and brought her tiny hand to her chest and slowly signed the word for "please". "Ok sweetie I'll be right back." I knew it was the word for "please" because we used to use baby sign language with my baby cousin Bauer when he was little. I entered the kitchen and got Michelle's glass of water and then took out a pink with purple polka dots sippy cup for Kinley and filled it with a quarter of apple juice and the rest water. Knowing that a child her age shouldn't be consuming so much sugar. I walked back into the living room to see that Kinley had noticed the dolls on the floor and started playing with them. I smiled to myself thinking that she was finally warming up to being here and praying that she would feel comfortable.

"Here you go Michelle." I said handing her the glass of water.

"Thank-you!" she replied taking the glass from me. I slowly approached Kinley playing happily on the floor with the baby dolls and sat down in front of her. "Here you go Kinley. Some apple juice. Now you can have some while your baby does too." She smile at me and took the cup then started to drink while at the same time trying to give some to her dolls as well, but it wasn't going so well. I chuckled to myself before taking the dolls bottle out of Kinley's tiny hand and feeding her doll myself. She smiled at me then placed her cup down and took her baby's from me to continue doing it herself. We played this for about 20 more minutes till Michelle said it was time to go since Kinley needed her nap and it was about a 20 minute drive to her foster home. We made our way to the front door with Kinley gently holding my finger in her delicate little hand since her hand is too small to hold my whole hand. She let go and sat on the floor waiting for someone to put her shoes on her feet. Michelle picked up one of her shoes and tried to put it on but Kinley screamed. Michelle turned to me and said "I think she likes you Riker." with a giggle at the end. I bent down and started putting on Kinley's shoes without her making a fuss. I then picked her up which she wasn't as fond of so I quickly handed her to Michelle. I said my goodbye's to Kinley and Michelle as well as a "Thank-you" to Michelle for everything she's done for me so far. With that they left. I watched and waved to them as they drove down the street and rounded the corner. Slowly I walked back inside and shut the door. Thinking about my delicate baby girl and how much I wanted her to stay here with me. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard voices coming from the front of the house. That's when I also realized that I had at some point moved from the foyer to the kitchen and I was now doing dishes. That's when everyone piled into the kitchen and started with the questions. "How is she?" , "Does she like you?" , "How'd it go?", ect. I answered them all.

"She's wonderful and cute and very shy. She seemed to like me, but because she's shy it will take a little bit longer until she's fully comfortable. I think it went good. When they were leaving she only wanted me to put her shoes on. Although when I picked her up she wasn't too fond of that. Other than that it was good."

There were lots of "Awe Riker that's fantastic!" and "I can't wait to meet them too!" I said thank-you and walked to my bedroom to lie down and think how in 2 days I get to do it all over again, but with Kenzie.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm so glad you're liking it so far! You're comments are so encouraging and I love them! If you comment I will try my best to respond to you!

Anyway for the next update again:
2 votes and 2 comments
Love you all! Thank you for reading (and hopefully) liking my story!

Adica