10. Rehearsals Again

So the outfits above are Kinley and Kenzie's. Kinley's is on the left and Kenzie's is on the right. Hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------

Allison's POV:

I've been in the rehearsal studio for an hour waiting for Riker, going over the choreography for this week's dance. I was just about to text him when I heard small sets of feet and small voices along with his loud one. I had totally forgotten that Riker's daughters were being dropped off today! I immediately got extremely excited knowing that two bundles of cuteness would be walking through the door any second now.

"RIKER!!!" I yelled when I saw him.

"Hey hey! What's up?" He answered back before saying something to the little one who was trailing behind him shyly. I made my way over to them giving Riker a hug as he started to introduce me.

"Allison this is Kinley." He shrugged his shoulder making the little girl giggle in his arms. "And this one hiding behind me is Kenzie." He said trying to move around to show her face.

"Hi Kinley, I'm Allison" I said while rubbing up and down her soft tiny arm.

"Hi Kenzie, I'm Allison" I turned my attention to the little one hiding behind Riker and getting down to her level so I didn't seem as scary.

"They're a little shy" Riker said while putting Kinley to the ground along with their diaper bag.

"So babe you ready to start rehearsals?" I turned my attention back to Riker and stood back up.

"Yup totally! Just give me 2 seconds."

"Of course babe. Get them settled. I'll be over here when you're ready."

I walked back into the middle of the room and returned to working on choreography. Riker joined me shortly after and the girls sat in front of the mirror Kinley colouring with dolls, and Kenzie playing with LEGO.

3 hours later

Riker's POV:

Allison and I had been working on our dance for 3 hours now and it was now 1:30 pm. Time to get these kids some food was my first thought before Allison said "One more run through then lunch break" I nodded and we began running through the dance again for like the 68th time today. We were moving across the floor in hold when I randomly hit something with my leg and we heard a bump on the floor. We stopped and I turned around to see that I didn't hit something, but someone. There Kinley laid on the floor in front of me with tears on the verge of spilling out of her eyes. "Awe baby girl I'm so sorry did I knock you over?" I said concerned she was seriously injured from me pushing her over with my leg and picking her up just as she started to cry. I rubbed her back and hugged her as she cried into my shoulder. Then I thought of a way to clam her down some more. "Baby where does it hurt?" I asked my crying daughter. "Right here on head." she whined while hitting herself in the back of the head to show me. "Right here?" I teased her and kissed her cheek. "No silly here!" She giggled and hit the back of her head again. "Right here?" I teased again while placing a raspberry (when you place your lips somewhere and blow out air so you make a fart noise against their skin) on her stomach. "No here!" She said with a hint of annoyance in her voice after full on laughing. "Oh ok I got it now" I said just before kissing the back of her head. "Better?" I questioned. "Better." She answered back. "Awe!" Allison said after all the cuteness she had just witnessed. "Kinley, why was I able to push you over?" "I dancing! Like you!" She answered all proud of herself. "Oh so you were copying me but got too close, so I hit you?" I said making sure I was getting all the right information. "Uh huh." She answered me back. "Ok baby, but you need to be careful alright? I don't want you getting hurt again." She nodded and then I heard Kenzie trying to say something, "excuse me." "What's up Bear?" I asked her. "I hungry." "Well should we go get some food then?" Allison answered her. She nodded and we all started making our way to the door so we could get food.

As we were walking Allison asked me about something I had said back in the room, "Why did you call her Bear?" "Oh that's just my nickname for her. She's my KenzieBear or Bear because she's cute and cuddly like a teddy bear, but she can also be grumpy and grouchy like a real bear." "Awe that's cute! Does Kinley have one?" "Yup she's bird. KinleyBird, Bird, or Lady Bird." "Why Bird?" "Back in 1800's England, men would call their woman/wife a bird which represented beauty and grace. So my little Kinley will always be beautiful to me and with her middle name being Grace it fit perfectly for her." "Riker that's adorable! You've really put a lot of thought into making your girls feel loved, haven't you?" All I did was nod as we kept walking. I noticed we had arrived at my car which I guess at some point in the walk over we had agreed to take my car since I had car seats. Allison buckled in Kenzie, while I did Kinley. Then we got in and drove to Panera Bread for lunch.

When we got there I ordered my girls a Smoked Ham sandwich and a Kids Classic Salad with a Mango Iced Tea. I ordered myself a Thai Chicken salad with a Brewed Ice Tea and Allison a Strawberry Poppyseed and Chicken Salad along with a Green Passion Power smoothie. Once we got our food we went back to the rehearsal studio to eat, finish working on a couple things and get the girls stuff. After I would take my girls home for a nice relaxing evening in, having a bath then watching a movie before bed. My life was now complete. I had my girls living with me and by my side. My Bird and Bear.