2. Is This It?

2 Months Later

Riker's POV:

It's been 2 months of matches and turning kids away. I'm starting to feel discouraged and terrible for saying no to kids who really want a home, but I feel as if I just can't give it to them. I've been really set of adopting a boy so those are the matches Michelle has been sending me, but all of them haven't been what I'm looking for. Even though I specifically said boys Michelle keeps sneeking in this one match of twins girls. It's been put into my pile now about 5 times in the past 3 weeks. The main reason I don't want a girl is because I'll be so over protective of her that I feel like she'll have a miserable life due to never being allowed to leave the house. Whereas if I had a boy we wold have so much fun together doing all the things my dad and I used to do together when I was little, but at the same time I can't get this feeling out of me that these girls or at least one of them should be mine.

Phone call between Riker and his social worker Michelle (Riker = R, Michelle = M)

ring....ring....ring...

M: Hello?

R: Hi Michelle, this is Riker Lynch. I was calling to ask you if we could meet to discuss something.

M: Of course I should be in my office around 2 p.m. if you would like to drop by and chat.

R: Sounds perfect! I will see you just after 2 p.m. then. Bye and thanks!

M: You're welcome! Talk to you later.

End of the call

I think it may happen. I may try to adopt these girls. Both of them. That is my decision. These girls will be my life along side tour and the band. Now to get it on the path to finalization.

2:05 p.m. at Michelle's office

"Riker! So good to see you. So what have you come here to discuss?"

"The girls. Kinley and Kenzie."

"Yes, I remember them. What about them?"

"I know you purposely set them in my pile of matches. And now I've come to realize that they are indeed what I've been looking for. It's only been over 50 boys I've looked through and my mind has always gone back to them."

"So what are you saying?"

"I think I would like to move forward with the adoption process for them." With that being said Michelle gave me a smirk which seemed to say that she knew this was going to be my decision all along.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys so let's try this again for the next update:
2 votes and 2 comments

Love you all!!!❤️❤️