14. Tours and Emergencies

Rydel's POV:

So far our first day and a half of "touring" has been fun.  Okay let's be honest this isn't really a tour but more of a "Lets throw some shows in while Ross does press!" type of thing.  Last night's show in Buffalo was  amazing!  And tonight we play in Scranton, PA.  Ross had his GMA appearance and that went well.  The only thing that's been bringing our mood down has been Kinley.  Her fever hasn't decreased yet and it's slowly climbing.  Fortunately it hasn't changed yet today, but since yesterday it's gone up by 1 degree and 2 since we left home.  Riker is starting to get worried, we all are in our own ways.  She hasn't really been eating- just cheerios, but does that really count?-, she'll drink only when she is forced, and sleeps almost all the time.   She has now been starting to complain that her head hurts, meaning she has a headache.  I think Riker wants to take her to the doctor when we get home and before he picks up Kenzie.  We've all been keeping such a close eye on her that if she gets really sick we'll be very surprised.  Mom and Vanni have been looking after on the bus while we've been on stage and says that she doesn't do much.  The thing you have to know about Kinley is that she's a very active child.  She doesn't like to sit still.  She's constantly moving and running and playing and talking.  However she can be extremely shy as well around a crowd of new people and Rocky.  Other than that she has a personality larger than life and more sass than what should be allowed in a 2 year old little girl.  She's exactly like we were when we were little.  She dances, she sings, she performs, she is a bundle of smiles, laughs, and giggles.  But seeing her like this, the complete opposite of who she is, is concerning.  We were planning on going to some of the museums around the town today before the show but now that Kinley has gotten progressively worse we've decided to hang out at the venue. 

Vanni's POV:

It was now 4 in the afternoon and everyone else had gone to meet and greet so I volunteered to watch Kinley.  So far today she's had a quatar piece of peanut butter toast and some watered down apple juice.  She has napped twice today both for 3 hours and it's only 4 p.m.  She is currently awake and cuddling with me on the couch in the bus and watching her favourite Disney movie Tangled.  She seemed to be happy and smiling like she was going back to being herself so I turned to her and asked, "Hey Kinley do you want to go surprise daddy and see what he does?"  she nodded her head excitedly so I turned the movie off, scooped her up and took her to go get dressed.  I decided to dress her in a pair of medium wash denim shorts with a brown bow belt, a plain white shirt with a lace cardigan over top.  To finish off her look I curled her hair and put a flower crown on her head.  For shoes she was wearing pink sandals with little bows!  I must say she looked adorable.  After she was ready I grabbed my phone, she got her mamoo blanket and we walked off the bus and to the meet and greet area of the venue. 

We were getting closer and I could just make out the tops of their heads.   "I see daddy Kins!"  I said to Kinley who had her head lying on my shoulder which instantly shot up looking around for Riker.  Then she saw him and started squirming trying to get out of my arms.  I set her down and she went running for Riker.  I almost lost her in the crowd of people but knew where she was since people would move a little bit to make room for her as she ran by.  I watched till she met Riker and walked over to Stormie.  "Hey"  I said stopping beside her.

"Oh hello Vanni.  I see you got her up and out of the bus to do something."  Stormie greeted me.

"Yes I did and it was quite easy.  All I had to do was mention the word daddy and she was ready."  I said with a laugh which Stormie joined me in. 

"Well one thing's for sure.  She is a daddy's girl."  "mmhhmm" I agreed. 

"There's one thing I noticed when getting her dressed though."