18. Home Sweet...Not Again

Ok guys bare with me I'm skipping the tour I started writing because I came up with a different direction I want this story to go in as it is something I've started to become quite passionate about. So we're at the house just after the end of tour.
Hope you enjoy where I'm taking this and please be patient as I get this going again. Also thanks if you've stuck with me for this long! Love you!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

Ryland's POV:

We just got home from tour and everyone is unpacking, doing laundry or putting away their guitars. We were going to go on a mini vacation but we decided not to since Riker thinks Kinley is getting sick again. She has a doctors appointment to see if she's having a relapse of her meningococcal-whatever. If she does that will suck and we can't go on out next tour to Europe. But keeping my princess happy and healthy is all I want.

"Ry!"
"Yup!"
"Ry!"
"I said yes!" I called back yet again to whoever is trying to get my attention.
"Ryland!!!"
"Omg I answered you! But I'm coming!" I yelled back finally getting out of my bed (since I am done unpacking all my stuff), heading to the door to go see whoever is calling me.

Just as I opened my door I'm greeted with my mom screaming at me.
"Ryland Michael!! I've called you 3 times now you better not be taking a nap!"
"Hi mom. I yelled back at you that I heard your call and was wondering what you wanted."
"Ahh ok well your father needs help cleaning up the backyard since we're having people over tomorrow night. To celebrate the end of tour." She informed me.
"Ok I'll had out there now."
"Thanks RyRy. That's why you're my favourite. Always willing to help out." She smiled patted my cheek and walked away.  Confused about what just happened I shook it off and went out to the back to help dad.

Rydel's POV:

I'm currently in the kitchen with mom and Kinley trying to get everything ready for tonight's party. Kinley was colouring when all of a sudden she started screaming bloody murder. I ran over to her, picked her up, pulled her into my chest trying to console her but she only screamed louder. Riker ran in worried as hell and Kinley reached violently for him. I handed her over and Riker tried to console her the way I did but with no luck. With that failing he went to the couch and laid her down on her back. Slowly she started calming down.
"Riker what was that all about?" mom walked in genuine concern filled her voice as she questioned.
"I have no idea. I've never seen her act like that before." He replied, concern evident in his voice as well as he spoke.
"Daddy, owie! Owie!!!" Kinley spoke pointing to her chest before bursting out into death curdling screams again.
"Riker, this isn't good. She shouldn't be in this much pain. She's also lost a ton of weight. At first I thought it was cause she was sick before and still trying to gain it back while being so active on tour. But now with this it may be something worse. Is there any possibility of her meningococcalcemia being back and causing her this pain?"  Mom inquired to my elder brother.
"I don't know honestly."  Holding back tears himself from hearing his daughter scream in pain.
"Riker I don't think she can wait the night to go to the doctor tonight. She should go to the ER right now. Everyone will understand." Mom suggested over Kinley's whimpers of calming down after being in pain.
"Yea you're right. But only if you come with me please mom. I don't think I could handle more bad news by myself." Riker sounds absolutely crushed knowing that Kinley will most likely be admitted into the hospital overnight for testing on her condition.

I left the living room to go pack bags for Riker and Kinley to be ready to stay overnight at the hospital. As I was packing Kinley's bag I heard faint cries coming from a corner of the room. I look and see Kenzie sitting beside her bed covered by a blanket softly crying.
"Kenzie, baby, what's wrong?" I asked the sad 2 year old in front of me.
"Kinley scared and hurt. Why? Is she sick aten?" I was taken aback by the remorse and pain she felt for her sister.
"I don't know, love. We think she might be sick again. Daddy is going to take her see the doctor tonight." I try but fail to explain.
"Oh. Is she sleep there?" Now she seemed scared.
"Yes Kenz. Kinley and daddy will have to sleep there. Do you want to sleep with auntie?" I ask trying to cheer her up.  She smiled through her tears and nodded getting up and grabbing her stuffies to take to my room. I slightly chuckled at her cuteness and went back to packing Kinley's bag. When I finished I did the same for Riker and made my way downstairs where he was talking to Kenzie.

"Kenz, daddy and Kinley need to go to the doctors tonight for the night, ok?" He asked concerned and heart broken that he had to leave her.
"Otay daddy!  Aunny and me are gonna have a sleepover!" She announced excitedly.
"Well that will be fun! Ok sweetie daddy has to go now but I love you so so much and will see you tomorrow!" He was trying his best to hold back his tears but one slipped out and was rolling down the side of his cheek.
"Goodbye daddy. No cry! It otay. Kinley no sick and me happy! I love you!" Kenzie said in the most sincere voice for a 2 year old. She ran to me after giving Riker a hug and wiping his lone tear. I said goodnight and goodbye to my brother and he left with mom by his side and his daughter drifting off to sleep in the back seat of his car.

At the hospital... Riker's POV:

It's been 3 hours of us sitting in the ER waiting room and we just finally got into a room. We're now awaiting the doctor to see what tests he'll be running on Kinley to make sure their suspicions are confirmed. However they haven't told me what they think she is sick with yet and it's driving me insane. I just want to know if my baby is alright.

"Riker it'll be ok. Look Kinley is sleeping and doing alright. I'm sure she just has a little bug." Mom tried to reassure me. 
"Mom you heard those screams that's not nothing. My baby bird is in pain and there's nothing I can do to make her feel better. The only thing my little girl has known in her life is pain. Physical and emotional. Physical from all these sicknesses and emotional from being an orphan and going through the adoption and foster systems. I just want to make it stop." I had started to fully cry. I am tired emotionally and physically. Emotionally for my daughter and all the things I'm trying to free her from and her pains. Physically because today has been such a long day. Mom was hugging me now trying to comfort me. It wasn't helping really but knowing my mom was with me was enough. Then the doctor came in.

"Hello Mr. Lynch. I need to take Kinley in for an MRI. We have reason to believe that she may be the next victim of childhood cancer." The doctor spoke and my heart sank.

My baby girl. My 2 year old daughter. She's just a toddler. She hasn't lived yet. How could she have cancer?

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys here it is. The long awaited chapter. The story changing, plot twisting chapter.
I hope you all enjoy it as this is something I'm starting to become passionate about. So there will be tons of facts about childhood cancer and the affects it has on the friends and family as well as the child.
Well thank you all for reading this chapter and let's say:

4 votes and 4 comments for the next chapter.

I promise to update sooner than last time as long as those have been met^

If it can be done in a week then I'll update within the next week.

Love you all!,
Adica