8. BBQ and Decorations

Hey guys! So quick thing about the pictures. The pink room with the 2 beds and the pictures over the beds is what the room looks like for the twins however the tree in the blue room comes up in between the beds and above the pictures just to give it an extra little touch. So if you can imagine that for me that would be pretty cool because in my head it looks so cute! Also since Riker hasn't actually been able to take pictures of his daughters yet there are no pictures in the frames yet but they are in the room and he'll talk about getting them done. Anyway enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ross's POV:

I came home from work today to see that Riker had bought a whole bunch of stuff for Kenzie and Kinley. At first I was apposed to the idea of Riker adopting a child since it would take away from tour, but after meeting and playing with them it felt like they belonged with our family. So now we're having a BBQ and decorating party to get the twins room ready for them to sleep in tomorrow. Everyone is here: The Hudsons, Allison Holker, her daughter Weslie and husband Twitch, Alexa, Vanni, Cheryl and George, and Riker had even asked Kelly one of Ell's old girlfriends if she would paint a tree in the twins room. So that's cool that we get to see her again.

Before we started decorating the twins room my mom had made a whole bunch of food including burgers, hot dogs, salads, vegetable and fruit platters. There was no shortage of food and it was delicious! But now everyone was doing something to put the rooms together. Rocky and Ryland were building the beds, Riker, Twitch, Raynah, Sierrah, Weslie, Brandon, Ken, Saundra and I were all painting the walls in their room pink while Kelly worked on free hand painting the tree. While we were doing that Allison, Rydel, mom, Alexa, Savannah, and Vanni were sorting through all the clothes Riker and Allison had bought for the twins today so that when the dresser is built and the closet is ready to be used they can put it all away as fast as possible and know where everything is. Cheryl and George were working on putting said dresser together. Everyone had a job and it was going amazing.

3 hours later (around 10 p.m.)

We've now been working on the room for just over 3 hours and everyone is exhausted. The little girls are asleep in the living room on the floor and I feel as if everyone else is envying them. We made amazing progress though. The walls are painted and the tree that Kelly did looks so cute! We all love it!. Now the girls are putting the clothes where they belong, while us boys are putting the beds in the right spot and getting the matresses on top. Once were done Saundra and Cheryl will make their beds so that they're looking super comfy for when the girls arrive. Kelly and Twitch are working together to hang some cute little signs and picture frames around the room. It's looking so good so far. I'm impressed on how fast we put this all together.

"Well I think we're done!" Cheryl says with happiness in her voice. Everyone cheered and hugged each other then Riker spoke up,

"Thank-you everyone! I really appreciate all your help! I could not have done it without you! My girls are going to love it! When they're all settled in I will have you all over to meet them. I'm super excited for this new chapter in my life and I'm glad that you'll all be here to enter it with me and my girls! So thank-you so much again, I am really and truly grateful for this!"

Everyone said something to Riker and we all got situated with either sleeping arrangements or going home. It has been a long day and tomorrow will be a very exciting one.

Tomorrow is the day that I become an uncle.