12. Finales

Stormie's POV:

Since Riker was already at Dancing With The Stars this morning it was my job to watch and get the twins ready for the finale tonight. Which started off wonderfully until they woke up to no Riker. The minute they realized he wans't home they cried and screamed their heads off. I tried calming them down every way I knew how. Snuggles, food, the T.V., I even asked Rydel if she could try something but nothing was working. After about a half hour of this I decided to call Riker to see if he could work something out to calm them down and talk to them.

(S=Stormie, R=Riker)

ring...ring...ring...

R: Hello?

S: Hey Riker how's dress rehearsal?

R: They're good how are my girls?

S: Well that's what I'm calling about.

Just as I said that Kinley let out a ear piercing scream because Rocky tried to pick her up.

R: Mom what's going on? Why are they screaming like that?

S: Riker they're terrified because you're not here. They've been doing this since they woke up and realized you weren't home. We've tried everything to calm them down and start getting them ready for the day, but nothing's working.

R: Okay. Don't get stressed. I have time now to take a little break to talk to them. I'll FaceTime Rydel in 2 minutes so I can let Allison know what's going on. While I'm doing that go into their room and grab their blankets and for Kinley her stuffed elephant and for Kenzie her Bear. This may help them stop screaming.

S: Okay I will try that thanks! And we will talk to you soon.

R: For sure! Bye!

Then he was gone and I told Rocky to go grab the items Riker had mentioned. He came back and draped their blankets over their heads which they then simultaneously pulled off and into their arms to hold. Rocky then held out their stuffed animals which they gladly took and cuddled with. Riker was right it did stop them from screaming but little tears were still falling from their eyes. I was then able to go over to Kenzie and pick her up. She cuddled into my chest and cried still gripping onto her blanket and teddy bear. Rocky did the same with Kinley but she started screaming again. Which made Kenzie cry harder. Ross entered the room and took Kinley from Rocky in an attempt to quiet her down again. Oddly enough it worked and Kenzie hearing her sister quiet down did as well. That's when Rydel entered the room FaceTiming with Riker. Rydel came over to me holding her phone in front of Kenzie and said "Who's that Kenz?"

She looked up and started crying harder and reaching out for him crying "Daddy! Daddy!" "Awe KenzieBear it's okay. I'll see you soon okay. I'm just working but grandma and grandpa and Auntie Delly and Uncle Rocky and Uncle Ross and Uncle Ryland are there to play with you. Then you'll all come see me at work okay, baby?" She had slowed her crying down just so she could hear his voice. "Daddy I want you!" She cried to him. "I know Bear and soon you'll be with me. I just need you to have lots of fun with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie and Uncles okay?" "Tay..." she said with a sniffle. With that Rydel went over to Ross and Kinley who at the sight of Riker went into full hysterics. She was bawling her eyes out and reaching for him, screaming, and even trying to get out of Ross's grip. There was one point I thought he was going to drop her, but he some how manged to keep hold of her.

Riker then started to sing to her so she would calm down:

"My wish for you

Is that this life becomes all that you want it to