16. Adoption

The girls outfit for the adoption is posted up there^^^^

-------------------------------------------------------

3 Days Later...

Kinley had finally come home yesterday after being in the hospital for 4 days aand getting tested multiple times to make sure the virus was completely out of her system.  Kenzie was very happy to see her and tried playing with her before she even stepped in the door.  Kinley was still weak however and could not play with her sister until she had another full day of rest.  The next day she was back to being the goofy, loud, vibrant child she was.  I on the other hand am still a little weary of my Bird since the doctor had told me before we left that it is possible for her to contract the virus again and that if she does it will be stronger than last time and it would be more likely she will not make it next time. 

With all that aside today is a very exciting and chaotic day in the Lynch house because I finally get to adopt the twins today!  Rydel was upstairs getting them dressed and hair done after I had just bathed them.  I was just about to get into the shower when my mom called me.

"What"  I yelled back at her.

"I need you to hurry up as we're all running late and your brother still needs to shower as well.  Plus Vanni is here."  she added the last part as if it was an after thought.

I finished my shower as quickly as I could, got dressed, then ran downstairs to hug my wonderful girlfriend. "Hi babe!" I smile while hugging her from behind and placing a light kiss on her cheek. "Hey!" She turned in my arms to complete the hug. "Oh Riker. Thank goodness you're ready we need to leave. The girls are in your car all buckled in and waiting to go. Now you and Vanni will be going together and the rest of us will meet you there." Mom interrupted our moment. We pulled away and made our way with my mom out the from door, where we got in the cars and drove off.

Once arrived we all filed into the court house and met up with Michelle and the lawyer that was assigned to my case. I greeted Michelle and we entered the court room. The nerves and excitement fully setting in.

3 Hours Later After The Adoption Hearing

That's it. It's been done. The papers have been signed. The judge has made his decision. Kinley Grace and Kenzie Hope are now legally mine.  It almost doesn't feel real but at the same time it's kinda overwhelming.  However I wouldn't change my having them be in my life for anything in the world. 

Now that our court hearing is done we're having a party to welcome Kinley and Kenzie officially into the Lynch family.

After The Party

It was 10pm and I was finally putting the girls to bed after a long exciting day. Kinley fell asleep right away now problem due to being so tired. Kenzie on the other hand was being much more stubborn as she was past the point of exhaustion and entering over tired delusion and her small body going into full out survival mode. Meaning she wasn't going to bed without a fight. So instead of her waking up her sister with a tantrum I brought into my room to watch a show till she fell asleep in my bed.

While she was watching I snuck back into their to check on Kinley. She laid there peacefully and I was feeling content knowing that the sleeping little girl before me was all mine. She is now officially Kinley Grace Lynch and I couldn't be prouder to call her my daughter. I gave her one last kiss goodnight before I walked out of her room and back into mine.

I walked into my room to see Kenzie passed out in my bed sprawled out in the middle taking up much of the top half her tiny body would allowed. I walked to the side of my bed picked up the remote off the night stand and turned the tv off. After I cleaned myself up in the bathroom and got changed I slipped into bed beside my Bear moving her ever so slightly out of the way to give me just enough room without waking her up. She cuddled into my side settling into the new spot I had created for her as I put my arm around her. Before I drifted off to sleep myself I whispered "Welcome to the family baby girl. Forever you'll be my Kenzie Hope Lynch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everybody!!!

I'm so incredibly sorry that's it's been 2 months since I last updated and that its so short. Everything has just been so crazy busy that I've only been able to write for small amounts of time. I wanted to make this chapter longer however I felt bad that I hadn't updated in so long so I decided to cut it short and update!!

So here you go I hope you enjoy it!

Tell me what you think by leaving comments or answering these questions:

1. Who's happy that Kinley will be ok?

2. Do you think Kinley is completely healed or that she'll have a relapse sometime in the future?

3. What do you all think about them finally being adopted?

4. How do you think touring will change now that they have the girls?

Ok so how about 4 comments and 5 votes?  Yup I think that's good!

Also I wanted to thank you all for 2k reads😱😱😱😱. I'm seriously impressed by all of you and how many people have read my story!!  Thank you all again!

I love you and hope you enjoy!

Love, Adica😘