6: Big Brother Bangtan pt. 1

"That was... repulsive." Yeonjun squinted with disgust at Beomgyu's laptop.

Heeseung frowned. Yeonjun's reaction had confirmed his suspicion that the songs the CEO gave them were useless.

"I mean, it wasn't that bad." Soobin put a hand on Yeonjun's shoulder, trying to be optimistic.

Taehyun looked at his leader in bewilderment. "You sure about that?"

Huening Kai winced. "Hyung, I would rather listen to the Tomato Song on repeat."

"Guess we're starting from scratch then," Beomgyu grimaced, shutting his laptop. "I can look at some of my old files. Huening and I used to practice composing back when we were trainees."

"Yeah, that'd be great," Heeseung sighed, unplugging the USB. He turned to Soobin, gesturing at Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Kai. "Can I borrow these three for a few hours?"

Yeonjun leaned against Soobin, using the younger boy as an armrest.

"Take 'em for as long as you want," he smirked, winking at Heeseung and then Soobin.

"Ew, hyung. Gross." Kai pretended to gag.

Beomgyu mocked Yeonjun's posture, leaning flimsily on Taehyun. Soobin firmly grasped Yeonjun's waist, keeping him away from Beomgyu as the group made their way through TXT's dorm. They stopped at the front entrance.

"Make sure you eat lunch properly," Soobin fussed, trying to flatten Kai's messy hair as he put his shoes on. "And text if you're getting dinner somewhere else."

"Don't talk to strangers, don't touch anything that's not yours, don't take anything that's not yours, don't get hit by a car, don't hit anybody with a car, and don't call or text unless someone's dying," Yeonjun stated, stepping on the back of Beomgyu's shoe.

Heeseung led the boys out the door.

"You can call me if you need anything!" Soobin shouted after them, waving his phone in the air.

***

"Where are we going?" Taehyun questioned as they strode through the lobby of the HYBE building.

Heeseung pushed a button to call an elevator.

"The seventh floor," he answered, checking his watch. It was a little past noon; the rest of Enhypen wouldn't be back from school for a while yet.

Beomgyu looked at him quizzically. "Are we even allowed to go up there?"

"Nope." Kai shook his head as they piled into the elevator.

A shout echoed across the lobby. "Hyung!"

Heeseung spun around just as a flying blur collided with him. A pair of arms wrapped around his body, squeezing his ribs tightly.

"I missed you so much!" The boy squealed, breaking away.

"Daniel?" Heeseung gasped.

Daniel clutched his backpack straps, beaming at him. "Yep. Haven't I grown taller since I-Land? I bet that's why you didn't recognize me when you passed by!"

Heeseung laughed, rubbing the boy's head. "I didn't expect you to come so soon; you almost gave me a heart attack!"

He hit the seventh floor's button, and the elevator's doors slid shut.

"Um, hello?" Beomgyu waved, confused.

Heeseung quickly explained the situation, formally introducing Daniel as their new member.

"Any more surprises we should know about, Heeseung hyung?" Taehyun joked, shaking the newcomer's hand.

Heeseung smiled sheepishly. "They didn't finalize the decision until yesterday. I thought I had more time."