Chapter 41: Bonus 11 [Soobin]: Something Just Like This

TW: kidnapping, weapons, violence, injuries, alcoholism, and implied sexual content

By nature, Soobin wasn't a confrontational person.

He enjoyed quiet afternoons, curled up on a couch with a book in his lap and a steamy mug of hot chocolate to his right. He liked watching the moon rise in the sky, accompanied by thousands of twinkling stars peaking between heavy clouds. He relished in taking warm showers on Sunday mornings while the rest of the world was still asleep.

He didn't appreciate having his free time ruined by impromptu car chases.

He wasn't a fan of having to partake in more physical activity than necessary.

And he most certainly did not tolerate having his children kidnapped by killer psycho stalker fans.

How exactly he ended up in this particular situation was a mystery to him. Maybe he'd angered the universe when he'd broken into the CEO's office with Yeonjun two weeks ago. Regardless, it didn't change the fact that he, an incredibly underqualified twenty-year-old K-pop idol, was now hiding in a janitor's closet, feeling all hope fade as he watched BTS's driver thread heavy chains through the door handles of his only escape.

Yeonjun, I've made a mistake.

He squeezed his eyes shut, taking deep breaths to try to stop his hands from shaking.

Yeonjun, I'm scared.

Soobin wasn't a confrontational person. Why the hell did he come here?

***

Daniel was a good kid.

Soobin appreciated the way the boy kept whispering words of encouragement as he fumbled with the knots tying Jin to a chair.

When his fingers slipped again, he cursed, muttering under his breath, "Sorry, Jin hyung."

"Don't worry about it," Jin smiled reassuringly. "It's going to take a while for the driver to lock all of the doors and windows in this building. You have time."

Soobin uneasily glanced over at Jihun and Eunji, who sat back-to-back in a corner of the room, bound by ropes. "And you're sure they can be trusted?"

Daniel quietly laughed from the chair he was tied to. "Yes, Soobin hyung, they aren't sasaengs. The driver is, though."

He squirmed in his chair, trying to loosen the binds.

"Jihun, Eunji," Jin called. "Any luck?"

"I think—almost—Eunji, tug on that end- Yes!"

Jihun sprung to his feet, the ropes around him and Eunji falling to the ground.

"Nice job, Hayashi," he laughed, pulling Eunji up. "We make a good team."

They jogged across the room to assist Soobin in untying Jin and Daniel.

"Soobin." Eunji glanced at the younger boy. "Did you actually think we were the sasaengs?"

Soobin's face flushed with embarrassment. "The driver was a very convincing liar. I'm sorry, sunbaenims."

"It's alright," Jihun snorted, taking a knee behind Jin's chair. "Let's just get out of here before the real sasaeng comes back."

"Wait, but..." Eunji pursed her lips, worried. "If Soobin thought we were sasaengs, then wouldn't everybody else think we were too? Mei, the police, the rest of the kids. What about them?"

Soobin grimaced. "I'm sorry, sunbaenim. Last I checked, they all thought you two were the masterminds behind this."

"Hey, but don't worry about it." Jin kindly gazed at Eunji. "Once we're free, we'll clear your name; set the record straight."