7: Big Brother Bangtan pt. 2

"We really need your help," he begged quietly.

RM stared at him, deep in thought.

"Why don't you and I go for a walk, Heeseung?" He finally said, standing up. "Taehyun, can you help Hoseok run these folders over to the tenth floor?"

Taehyun nodded, grabbing the folders and following J-Hope out the door. Beomgyu lightly tugged at Heeseung's sleeve in panic.

"Guess it's just going to be me and you for a bit, Beomgyu," Suga smiled evilly. "You've produced songs before, right?"

"Not anything serious," Beomgyu practically whimpered.

Suga tapped RM's empty chair, commanding Beomgyu to sit. He started explaining the various programs on his desktop as the boy hesitantly shuffled over.

RM turned to Heeseung, gesturing for him to follow, and they walked through the endless hallways of the HYBE building for a solid ten minutes before finding privacy in the indoor garden.

"We've heard what the company did, merging your groups," RM started, taking a seat on a bench. He played with a leaf. "It's completely absurd, the way they're treating you guys."

Heeseung sat next to the leader. "They fired almost all of our staff, including the producers and choreographers. We don't have any songs, and we don't know how to write good ones."

RM examined a beautiful yellow orchid.

"How long till your debut?"

"About a month."

He plucked the orchid, presenting it to Heeseung.

"We can teach you guys," he offered.

Heeseung looked at him gratefully, taking the flower with gentle hands. "Thank you, sunbaenim."

"Please, call me hyung. 'Sunbaenim' makes me feel so old," RM chuckled.

"Thank you, RM hyung," Heeseung attempted.

"Namjoon," he corrected, smiling warmly.

Heeseung blushed.

"Thank you, Namjoon hyung," he tried again.

Namjoon laughed, patting his shoulder. "Perfect. Ready to go back?"

"Actually... there was one more thing I wanted to ask." Heeseung nervously twirled Namjoon's gift by the stem. "You're an incredible leader. You built BTS up out of nothing. How'd you do it?"

Namjoon stared into the distance. "I wasn't alone. I had my friends. Without them, none of this would've been possible."

He paused, pursing his lips.

"Being the leader is exhausting. You're expected to care for your members twenty-four-seven, to be a perfect role model. Sometimes, it'll feel like you're the only one not allowed to make mistakes."

He turned to face Heeseung.

"You know how unforgiving people can be," he said darkly.

Heeseung nodded in agreement, fiddling with the orchid's leaves.

"It's important to know your limits. Learn to differentiate when you can keep pushing forward from when it's time to take a step back."

Namjoon took a breath. "And lastly,"

He rested a hand on Heeseung's shoulder.

"Your members are your family."

He looked Heeseung in the eye.