13: Whalien 52

To say Heeseung was confused would be an understatement.

Of course, he knew the argument between Yeonjun and Beomgyu wouldn't last. They had petty fights all the time; it was a natural part of their relationship. However, he hadn't expected them to make up so quickly, nor did he think he would arrive home to a bustling dorm filled with furniture that smelled of warm coffee.

He entered the kitchen, amazed. "What is all this?"

Daniel and Ni-ki looked up from their breakfast, both grinning from ear to ear. Soobin's eyes twinkled as he leaned against the counter, his hands wrapped around a steamy mug.

"Yeonjun and Beomgyu rallied some of the boys to steal stuff from HYBE this morning. Can you believe it? They felt bad and decided to do something productive!"

Yeonjun lovingly kicked Soobin as he passed a mug of coffee to Heeseung.

He accepted it gratefully, taking a sip. "You stole from HYBE?"

"Yoongi hyung said we could." Ni-ki set his half-empty bowl of cereal in the sink. "So it was more like we were picking up a couple gifts."

Heeseung's lips hinted at a smile. "You boys will be the death of me."

He rubbed Daniel's head affectionately. "Now, finish your breakfast quickly, or you'll be late for school."

Heeseung joined Jay and Jungwon on the new couch in the living room.

Jungwon's face glowed. "You missed so much today!"

"Apparently, so did Soobin hyung, Sunoo, Sunghoon, Jake, and I," Jay yawned, taking his eyes off his phone. "We woke up bout thirty minutes ago to everybody else trying to fit a table through the door without turning it sideways."

"Sounds about right," Heeseung laughed.

Sunoo scowled at the kitchen from a tiny desk in the corner of the room. "I still can't believe they didn't bring me."

He crumpled a piece of paper and threw it at the back of Ni-ki's head.

"I wanted to." Ni-ki lightly tossed the scrap ball back to him. "Cause I... enjoy your presence?"

Sunoo's ears turned slightly pink. "What?"

Jungwon's head dropped as he quietly facepalmed. He left Jay and Heeseung on the couch, dragging Ni-ki away for some damage control.

Heeseung's attention shifted as Sunghoon and Jake appeared from a bedroom, chatting happily. He stared at them, trying to get Sunghoon to notice.

"He's not going to come, you know." Jay took off his reading glasses, fixing his hair.

Heeseung watched them join Daniel at the kitchen table. "I don't know why he keeps avoiding me."

Jay looked at him, surprised.

"You two need to work on your communication," he sighed.

"Is that blood?" Heeseung examined a rather large stain on the couch, changing the subject to prioritize a potential homicide over Jay's advice.

"It's Beomgyu's," Kai explained, zipping up his backpack.

"What's mine?" Beomgyu asked, limping into the room with Taehyun's help.

"Oh my god." Heeseung stood up, making room on the couch. "Are you okay?"

Beomgyu nodded, stiffly sitting down.

"Yeah, just a bit sore." He ran his fingers through his damp shower hair. "Were you talking about my taser? Cause I can explain that."

"Your... taser?"