22: Bonus 6 [Sunghoon]: The Point of No Return

"Guys! Open!"

Someone, presumably Yeonjun, kicked the front door again.

"Yah! Wait, we're dealing with something here!" Soobin threw another rag over the small fire on the stove.

"I think you're making it worse," Sunghoon grimaced, pulling Soobin back as the fabric burst into flames.

"Here, here, move." Jay ran up to them, smothering the fire with a damp hand towel.

"Ah," Soobin grinned. "I forgot to wet it first."

Another series of thumps echoed through the dorm.

"Yo!" Yeonjun shouted. "Open the door, seriously."

Taehyun sighed, hopping off the kitchen counter. "I'll get it."

He stuffed one last piece of toast into his mouth before running off. Jake promptly swooped by, picking up Taehyun's empty plate on his way to the sink.

Sunghoon glanced at the burnt stove. "Jake?"

"Yep." The boy tossed him a dishcloth.

Sunghoon hummed a thank you before attempting to scrub off the black scorch marks. A shout from the living room drew everyone over.

"Taehyun, quiet, the neighbors will-" Soobin froze.

Thunder rumbled as two drenched boys stumbled into the dorm, carrying a third between them. Sunghoon's heart dropped upon seeing Heeseung.

"Help," Beomgyu mumbled weakly. He looked up, legs shaking from exhaustion.

For a moment, all Sunghoon could do was stare. Movement from the other boys brought him back to his senses, and he quickly took Beomgyu's place, allowing Taehyun a moment to fret over his boyfriend. Someone threw a blanket over Heeseung's shoulders, but it pointlessly slipped to the floor as Sunghoon and Yeonjun lay him down on the couch.

"Everybody, back up," Soobin commanded. He knelt beside the unconscious boy, checking his wrist for a pulse.

Sunghoon tapped his foot anxiously, unable to stand still.

"Sunghoon."

Heeseung's skin was alarmingly pale, yet his body radiated heat.

"Sunghoon."

His breaths were far too shallow; Sunghoon could barely see his chest rise and fall.

"Sunghoon!"

Jake's face appeared in his narrow line of vision. "Please stop."

Sunoo hooked his arm around Sunghoon's, guiding him to the kitchen. "You okay?"

Sunghoon didn't respond. He felt lightheaded watching Jake and Kai sit Yeonjun and Beomgyu down at the table. The number of people in the room began to feel overwhelming, and a twinge of panic rose in his chest. There was too much movement, too much noise, and too little space to breathe.

"Hyung," Sunoo called softly. "Do you need water?"

"No, thank you," Sunghoon whispered. "Jake, Kai, Sunoo, you guys should go back to Heeseung."

Kai glanced at him. "You sure?"

Sunghoon nodded.

Jake stayed in the kitchen as the other two exited. "Sunghoon-"

"You go too. I can take care of Yeonjun hyung and Beomgyu hyung."

Jake stared at him, unsure. "You'll need help."

"I won't." Sunghoon hung his head. "Please go. Watch Heeseung for me."

Jake pursed his lips. "Okay. Call if you need anything."