19: Bonus 5 [Yeonjun]: A Dance With the Devil

"Do you hate him?"

Soobin didn't respond, keeping his face buried in his arms.

"I said, do you hate him?" Yeonjun repeated, adjusting his backpack as he sat down in front of the younger boy.

"I don't hate anybody," Soobin muttered, his voice muffled by the sleeves of his shirt.

Yeonjun sighed, stretching his legs on the floor of their old pre-debut practice room like he had done a million times before. He admired Soobin for always taking the high road. Over their countless years spent together, he had never once seen the boy lose sight of his morals. But someone had to level the playing field here. Someone had to be the one to strike back. Someone had to teach Soobin that standing up for himself didn't make him a crummy person. And there was only one Choi for the job.

He stood up. "You're my best friend, Soob. That means I'm obligated to have your back till the day we die. I can't just let him keep treating you like literal-"

"Yeonjun." Soobin finally looked up. "Must you curse in every sentence? You're starting to influence Ni-ki and Daniel."

"I'll stop if you come with me." Yeonjun offered his hand.

Soobin hesitantly accepted it. "Where?"

The bag on Yeonjun's back clinked suspiciously. He intertwined their fingers, happily humming as he pulled the younger boy along.

"Patience, Choi Soobin. You'll find out soon enough."

***

"Seriously, Yeonjun?"

Soobin rolled his eyes, stepping into the CEO's office. Yeonjun slipped in after him, quietly shutting the door.

"And here I was thinking you were taking me on a nice date," Soobin sighed. "Should've known better."

"You wanted to go on a date?" Yeonjun checked his watch. "We have time. After this, let's go make out by the Han River. Under the sunset, of course."

He smirked as the other boy blushed. Everyone knew Soobin was a sucker for cheesy romance; his ever-growing collection of young-adult novels neatly stacked next to his suitcase made it hard to miss.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Soobin grumbled. "Just hurry up so we can leave. The last thing I want is to see his stupid face."

"Well, there's not much left to do anyway," Yeonjun laughed.

They glanced around the dirty room. It was evident the CEO had been here before coming to their dorm. The trashcan sat overturned and broken objects ranging from a stapler to the office chair's wheel littered the floor.

Soobin put on a coy smile. "It'd probably be funnier if we cleaned this place up instead."

"Yeah, right. I'm not doing any free labor for that-" Yeojun furrowed his eyebrows. "Guy. For that guy."

He grinned, pleased to have remembered his promise to tone down the cursing.

Soobin clapped sarcastically, shaking his head. "Wow. Brilliant."

Yeonjun ignored the younger boy, taking a knee on the ground. He dropped his bag off to the side, leaving it open for easy access as he removed the backs of various items from around the CEO's office.

"What are you doing?" Soobin questioned.

"Keeping the new batteries for us and replacing them with the dead ones from our dorm."

"Ah, nice."

Yeonjun finished his swap and headed straight for the CEO's writing utensils.

"You taking those too?"