16: Bonus 4 [Ni-ki]: The Leader Games

Ni-ki leaned against the bathroom sink, nervously trying to fix his hair in the mirror. He spun around to face Jungwon, seeking confirmation that it looked good.

The older boy smiled, reaching out to straighten Ni-ki's t-shirt. "Perfect. You ready?"

Ni-ki nodded. "I'm ready."

They left the cabin to join the others by the campfire. Ni-ki returned to his seat between Sunoo and Kai, picking up his now cold bowl of ramen previously left on the log. His heart raced as he stared into the orange flames.

"So, Sunoo hyung... I heard there's a cool spot for stargazing a little walk from here; you wanna go?"

Ni-ki felt Sunoo's gaze on him.

"Go? Like right now?"

He kept his eyes on the fire. "Yeah, I guess."

Sunoo laughed, reaching over with his chopsticks to steal some of Ni-ki's noodles. "Since when have you been into nature and hiking?"

"Uh..." Ni-ki froze, looking to Jungwon for help.

Daniel squeezed onto the log between Ni-ki and Kai, saving the former from answering. They scooted apart to make space, Ni-ki squashing himself to Sunoo's side and hooking their arms together.

"We should pull an all-nighter in the tent," Daniel grinned, his face illuminated by the fire.

"Absolutely not," Heeseung called from a couple logs over.

"Absolutely yes," Daniel muttered under his breath.

Heeseung smacked Jake's knee, staring straight at them. "Jake, what are we doing tomorrow?"

"Hmning," Jake mumbled through a mouth full of ramen.

Heeseung nudged him with an elbow. Jake quickly swallowed his food.

"Filming!" He answered loudly. "I said we're filming promotions at the lake."

Ni-ki laughed, patting a disappointed Daniel's back. "Next time, don't announce your plans to the whole world."

"How was I supposed to know that hyung has bat hearing," Daniel grumbled.

***

"Wait, who's turn is it now?"

Ni-ki shined his flashlight at Sunoo. "Yours, stupid."

Sunoo rolled his eyes. "At least I didn't get a D on my science project."

"Hey!" Ni-ki pointed across the tent at Daniel. "He was my partner; it's his fault too."

Daniel scowled at him from his sleeping bag. "You tried telling the entire class the moon has no gravity!"

"I did not."

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Be quiet," Jungwon warned. "Or we'll wake the hyungs."

They silenced themselves, still glaring at each other.

"Sunoo, your turn," Kai reminded, stretching his arms.

"Right. Jungwon, truth or dare?"

"Um, truth."

Sunoo's face lit up evilly.

"How long have you and Jay hyung been dating?"

Ni-ki did his best to hide his shock. He had known about the couple for over three weeks now, having accidentally third-wheeled so many of their dates that they got frustrated enough to tell him. Still, he hadn't expected such a question to come out of Sunoo's mouth.