fifty one

"come in," a low voice welcomed the leader of the group. namjoon pushed the door and was met by the male staff member. before being motioned to take a seat on one of the couches, the boy bowed slightly to the male staff. "do you know why i called you here?" he asked as he stared at the younger boy. namjoon shook his head, even though he already had some clues going through his mind. the male staff then got up and walked towards the water dispenser to get some water for namjoon and him.

luckily, there were other staff in that room. if not, namjoon would be under so much pressure because that male staff keeps giving him unnecessary stares. after a few minutes of silence, the male staff walked back to their table and then gave namjoon a cup of water. "sejin hyung isn’t here to inform you, so he told me to inform you that your group got a nomination at the mnet asian music awards for best dance performance, which will happen in a month," the male staff calmly explained.
namjoon nodded his head while jotting down something in his notebook, "do we get to perform?" the leader asked. he hoped they could perform at that event because it would be the first time they had performed in front of so many people. the male staff then took a seat before continuing, "i’m not sure about that, but we will let you guys know soon. ah, talking about that ... it will be in hong kong, if i wasn’t mistaken,"

"ah okay, thank you for the information. feel free to call me again," namjoon said before excusing himself. he then quickly went to the studio. he was overjoyed when they were nominated for best dance performance.namjoon knew that their group was nominated because of the members, all the members are really good at dancing. however, namjoon didn’t feel that confident to dance and he knew that his dancing skill isn’t that great. he sometimes felt bad for the members because they need to wait for him if he didn’t remember the choreography steps. but, the members keep reassuring that every time is good and they are fine. deep down, namjoon felt like he’s bringing his group down.

after staying for about three hours straight in the studio, namjoon finally got out of the room as jin had called him a few times already and threatened him that he wouldn’t let namjoon into the dorm. the leader of the group just laughed it off and kept doing his job until jimin showed up behind him.

the younger then slowly calls for his name, namjoon quickly looks behind him, "jimin? what are you doing here? aren’t you supposed to have dinner right now? " the leader asked as he was surprised by the younger’s presence.

"yes, we’re supposed to have dinner now but you weren’t home but jin hyung was mad and asked jimin and me to get you home," taehyung said as he peered behind the door. jimin nodded his head, agreeing with what taehyung had said just now. "ah really? i’m sorry, but i have something important right now … is it okay if you guys wait for me?" namjoon asked carefully because he knew that the two boys were hungry enough to eat anything, even the old couch next to them.

"but hyung … i’m hungry-"

"there are some chocolate bars in that drawer and milk over there, go grab some," namjoon motioned them to do. the two boys then grab the milk and chocolate bars before plopping their bodies on the couch. after watching two boys get quiet while munching the chocolate bars, namjoon continues his job.

even though the work isn’t that much, namjoon needs to concentrate, so sometimes he just ignores jimin whining because he’s just too hungry. jimin even stood next to the leader as he couldn’t wait anymore. jimin went to his academy a few hours ago and couldn’t catch up with his lunch, and then he needed to wait for his dinner, which made the younger slightly annoyed. on the other hand, taehyung just waits patiently on the couch, which is abnormal since that boy really likes to play around, especially in the studio where namjoon, yoongi, hoseok, and other song composers do their works.