one

Hanbyul has been waiting for her mom for about an hour or more because she went to the toilet, dealing with her stomach ache since last night. Hanbyul's first experience going on a plane with her mom wasn't great since she farted a lot. Her mom went overboard, eating fruit in one sitting. A few hours of journey from Canada to Korea was very tiring. Hanbyul and her mom went there because of her mom's business project. Depending on her mom, they would stay over there for a few months or probably years. The girl couldn't decide whether she was happy with the new change or sad about it. She remembered that her entire life was dedicated to and surrounded by her mother and grandparents. Dad? She had never felt any father figures in her whole life except for his grandad. 

Enough talking about that non-existing figure. Let's take a fresh and new step. 

The sounds of the stomach rumbling could be heard since Hanbyul didn't have her breakfast just yet. The girl ignored the churn in her stomach as she waited patiently for her mother. Swaying her leg back and front as she sat on the seat in the waiting area, looking around to see if there was a sight of her mother. She always knew that her mom always had problems with her lousy indigestion. She remembers that one time when both of them planned a birthday party for grandma, but then they were stranded at the petrol pump station because of her mom's stomachache for two hours. Even the cashier started to wonder why Hanbyul had been waiting outside the washroom.  

Sighing as she saw no glimpse of her mom, she took a ukulele from the bag. The ukulele is her favorite musical instrument other than the piano. Her grandfather taught her to play the ukulele a few years back in her home country. Slowly plucking the string, the girl started finding the tune she liked. Luckily the ukulele looked good on her, and the size was on point for a 14-year-old girl. She let out a few hums before she started singing. Singing has been her passion since she was a kid. At first, she started singing just for fun when her grandparents made her sing for them, but now she volunteers to sing for them.

As she started to sing, the girl was surrounded by the crowds. Some pulled out their phones and started recording her singing while playing the ukulele. The rest just went with the flow, tapping their feet as they listened to her soft yet unique voice.

Remember the way you made me feel,

such young love but,

something in me knew that it was real,

frozen in my head,

pictures I'm living through for now,

trying to remember all the good times,

our life was cutting through so loud,

memories are playing in my dull mind,

I hate this part about paper hearts,

and I'll hold a piece of yours,

don't think I will forget about it,

hoping that you won't forget about it,

everything is gray under these skies,

wet mascara,

hiding every cloud under a smile,

when there are cameras,

and I can't reach out to tell you,

that I always wonder what you're up to,

pictures I'm living for now,

trying to remember all the good times,

our life was cutting through so loud,