eighteen

Hanbyul couldn't help, but it felt so weird down there. Not to mention her tummy started to feel a bit hurting and bloating. As she was done doing what girls do whenever they are on their periods, she went out of the washroom. After she went out, she was met by the boy that helped her with the period thing. Somehow she felt so embarrassed right now. All she wanted to do was run away, but it would not look nice if she had done that. On top of that, he helped her just now.

He was reading a book, leaning on the wall. Awkwardly, she walked towards him. "Hey .." She muttered slowly, hoping that he would hear that. He gasped lightly before shoving the book into his bag, "Oh, hey. Stupid question, but are you okay now?" He asked worriedly. To be honest, she isn't okay. Everything felt so odd, her back is slightly aching, and it felt funny down there but not too much. 

All she wanted right now was other members. Hanbyul wanted to go back home. 

Hanbyul nodded her head, hoping that he would believe it, and he did. "So, you are a new student. Never saw you around. I'm Lee Daehwi just call me Daehwi. What's yours?" He asked, trying to cheer the mood between both of them. It was awkward, to be honest, but now it's getting better, hopefully. "Yes, I'm a new student. I'm Oh Hanbyul, but call me Hanbyul. Thanks for helping me anyway."

After walking Hanbyul to her classroom, she found out that Daehwi was her classmate, also a new student who was transferred here two months ago, had two sisters, had a very bubbly and good personality, he was kind too and maybe ... cute too!

"Sit beside me, Hanbyul. The teacher isn't here yet," Daewhi said as he patted the chair beside him. Hanbyul gladly took the seat, smiling happily. They both talked to each other in both English and Korean. At least he knew how to speak in English and sometimes corrected her grammar and translated some Korean words that she forgot or didn't know. Hanbyul sighed in relief as he was very nice to her. She couldn't be more grateful than that.

A woman with a loose blouse and pinkish skirt walked into the classroom just a few minutes after that. It was her new Korean Literature teacher, which Daehwi told her. She smiled widely as she put her book on the desk that was provided for the teachers. "Morning, class! Today we'll be-Oh? Hello there." She practically scanned all over her students, and then she spotted a new face among her students.

"So you're a new student. Can you come in front and introduce yourself." Gulping the slump in her mouth, Hanbyul stood up rather slowly and then walked towards her. She was nervous. It was around 20 students staring at her right now. Daehwi smiled at her reassuringly, mouthing a "fighting" at her.

Other students seemed to talk to each other before Hanbyul could even speak. The teacher sighed before slamming her fist on the desk rapidly, "Quiet class! Please respect me. I'm still here." Then, all of them began to quiet down. "Continue," She instructed.

"Hi, my name is Hanbyul, and I'm from Canada. I moved here a few months ago. I like to play the ukulele. I hope we all will get along. Thank you." She sighed in relief as the small introduction was done. Everyone gives applauds her. "Hello, Hanbyul. Nice to meet you. I'm your Korean Literature teacher, Ms. Oh." Hanbyul nodded slightly, smiling at the female teacher before Hanbyul headed towards her seat.

After an hour or so, the class finally ended. It was tiring for her because she didn't feel comfortable with the period. It was hard too. The teacher was too fast. She couldn't help but gasp every time she said things that complicated, but Daehwi was always there to help her. She feels so thankful. At least he wasn't like other boys in her previous school—mostly jerks and playboys. Hanbyul only befriended nerds before.

"It's rest time. Do you want to go to the school canteen together?" The male beside her asked. A smile appeared on her face as she nodded her head. Both of them walked out of the classroom and began to head to the school canteen. Every school feels the same, but only the vibe. This school has a slightly better vibe than her former one. It's more organized, clean and not so noisy, maybe because the students are from the elites.