five

Hanbyul walked towards the not-so-big building. she could see the sign on the building, BigHit Entertainment. Sighing softly, the little girl grabbed her mother's hand tightly as they went inside. When they went inside, a few eyes looked at Hanbyul, piercing a hole in her presence. A new face, that's probably why they were looking at her, that's what Hanbyul told herself.

As usual, her mother seemed so tense. She looked around to find the reception counter. "This way, I think, " She then leads both of them to the counter. There were a few people here, minding their own business, and sometimes took a glance at Hanbyul. "Welcome to BigHit Entertainment! What can I help you with?" the receptionist spoke in English. "Hmm, thank you, I can speak in Korean. So yesterday, I was told by someone named Bang Sihyuk- something like that to come here?" The receptionist smiled softly, "Bang Sihyuk? Our CEO. Sure, let me make a call first. Please have a seat, and I'll take you to his room."

Jessica muttered a thank you before taking her daughter to one of the couches, waiting for the young lady to make a call. "So, what does she tell you?" Hanbyul asked out of curiosity. The older woman looked down at her daughter before cupping her cheeks, "She will bring us to meet him soon, baby. Why? Are you nervous?"

Hanbyul giggled dryly before nodding, "A bit, hmm, " Hanbyul mumbled quietly. She was trembling inside but calm outside, to be honest. Who wouldn't? They were so many people in this building. They waited for a few minutes, and then the receptionist walked towards them with the usual smile she always wore. Her mom always said it was a fake smile, but Hanbyul didn't think that way since she was beautiful, and that smile surely complimented her looks a lot. A smile is not something someone can force out, so Hanbyul believed every smile is genuine.

"Hello, Mr. Bang is waiting for both of you ... I'll send you to his office right now," She said. They both followed behind her as the older woman talked to the receptionist. This building isn't that big, but good enough and clean. On the way to Mr. Bang's office, Hanbyul found there were teenagers there. They were all wearing plain shirts and tracksuits, walking out or in some of the rooms. The thing is, all of them were boys, and Hanbyul couldn't find any girls.

Before Hanbyul could think more about that, they all stopped in front of a room. She guessed it was Mr. Bang's office. Hanbyul started to feel nervous once again, and her palms began to sweat as she couldn't stay still and kept shifting around like she was trying to hold her pee. The receptionist knocked on the door, and not long after that, all of them could hear a faint voice saying, "Come in."

As they got into the room, the receptionist excused herself out of the room. "Oh, welcome! Please have a seat Mrs. Jessica and Hanbyul," The older man said softly with a bright smile plastered on his face. "Thank you, Mr. bang. Come here, Hanbyul, " Hanbyul just followed her mom from behind. Then, they both talked about Hanbyul. Is she going to live here? Are there any kids the same age as her? Too many questions from the older woman. Poor Mr. Bang.

Few more talks here and there. Mr. Bang showed them the agreement to be an idol in BigHit Entertainment. Hanbyul was okay with them but not her mom though. She kept saying that Hanbyul couldn't debut now, "For Pete's sake. Mr. bang ... she's 14 years old".

Hanbyul kept ensuring her mom that everything would be okay. At first, she wasn't fond of that idea, but later she gave up since this whole thing was about her daughter. This is what she wants. Hanbyul couldn't stop thanking your mom as she accepted this idea.

Just as Hanbyul wants to dip her thumb into the ink to agree with the agreement, her mom suddenly says, "How about we extend her debut date? As I think, only when she reaches 17 years old ... please?" Hanbyul's face stiffed as her mom said that, and PD Bang immediately realized that.

"Mom, as you said, this is what I want. I want it-" She cuts Hanbyul off, "Listen, baby, you're the only child I had. Of course, it would be a bit hard for me ... letting you be a singer is already challenging for me, and now you want to debut at a very young age, hate comments, how do they look at you. I'm afraid that you'll be hurt."

She couldn't look into her daughter's eyes, feeling bad. "Wait ... we actually can make you Hanbyul as a hidden member. Since there is another hidden member in your group, no one will know about you until we announced it," Now PD Bang said. Jessica just looked at her hands. She didn't know how to respond. Hanbyul knew how her mom felt. She felt like she was losing her one and only daughter in front of her. Hanbyul hated how her mom thought she would lose her daughter, yet Hanbyul won't go anywhere.

"Mom? Can I be the hidden member? I can wait for your sake."

She quickly pulled her daughter into her embrace, muttering thank(s) to her daughter. PD Bang just cooed at the duo. Of course, it would be so hard to separate a mom and a daughter. "Mr. Bang, I think this is the best for her."

A smile plastered on PD Bang's face as he nodded his head.

After Hanbyul stamped her inked thumb on the agreement paper, PD Bang suddenly stood up and clapped his hand, "Congratulation, Hanbyul-ah! Welcome to BigHit Entertainment." Then, Hanbyul was left with PD Bang in his office since her mom got an emergency call from her new company. Before she left, she kissed her daughter's forehead and then asked PD Bang to take care of her daughter.

There was a long silence between Hanbyul and him before he broke the silence, "Hanbyul, should we go meet other members?" Hanbyul looked into his eyes before nodding her head excitedly. "Sure, PD Bang! I'm so excited but a bit scared." PD Bang smiled as he giggled a bit, "It's fine, they are so kind ... let's go?" She then followed him.

PD Bang knocked on the door as Hanbyul was waiting beside him. He said they had lived in this dorm for a few years. Not long after that, a not-so-tall figure opened the door with a cute apron on him. Him? Hanbyul was totally in shock, and she just eyed the other boy letting them into the dorm. As she got into the dorm, she was met with a few other boys laying on the floor, eating, playing UNO cards, and doing homework.

All of them also seemed shocked about this sudden visit. They all stood up and then bowed at PD Bang. "Where are Jhope and Rapmonster?" He asked one of them. "Taking nap PD Bang. They are a bit tired from our practicing ... is this the new member?" He asked, looking at Hanbyul up and down. "Yes, she is."

Hanbyul stood still like that and didn't even move an inch. "PD Bang, I thought they were girls, not boys? You didn't tell me about this," The little girl asked. He gasped loudly as he palmed his face, "Omg!! I'm so sorry. I forgot to tell you, Hanbyul. What should I do right now," the CEO's face literally went pale as he stared at you. Silence conquered the living room as they all looked at each other in confusion.

All of them started whispering to each other, and Hanbyul felt so embarrassed. Suddenly, another two boys walked towards all of them, "I guess we all have to sit down, and you need to explain this to her ... PD Bang." He said in English. Luckily there is someone that speaks English.