𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐞 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

welcome back:)

first Person pov

first Person pov

"I'm home." I shouted as a greeting with an extreme hoarseness in my voice.

I was received with nothing but silence in response.

"Hello? Reece?" I called my boyfriend's name.

To my surprise, there was still no answer.

"Great. as if this day couldnt get any worse." I muttered to myself.

I sighed, deciding to go into the kitchen to see if he'd left a note on his whereabout. I was relieved when I saw him sitting at the kitchen island with his airpods in.

I snuck up behind him, before wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I witnessed him immediately tense at the contact, beige relaxing when he realised it was me.

"Y/N!" Reece exclaimed.

"Come, let's go to the sitting room. I got us Chipotle, we can eat in there." Reece motioned.

I gave him a sad smile before following his directions.

Within a few minutes, the two of us were seated on the large sofa covered by two layers of while eating our food. I had been absentmindedly listening to Reece talk about his day. I felt bad, but my mind was just other places. This week at work, and today especially had been so so stressful and difficult. I kept finishing my assignments like normal, only for my boss to give me back each and every assignment to do over again because it was subpar. I genuinely felt I would get fired. I'd never done so poorly nor have I ever failed like that in my life.

"That shit was so funny though. Cal was deathly afraid of Oscar while Mase just kept tripping over him." Reece chuckled.

"Sounds great." I muttered.

Reece being as sweet as he is, was alarmed by the lack of enthusiasm and suddenly started focusing more on me.

"What's up gorgeous? How was your day today?" he asked softly.

I shrugged my shoulders in response, trying to make sure tears didn't fall from my eyes.

"Dunno. I survived I guess." I spoke.

"Y/N. Anything you wanna talk about?" Reece offered, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I-I feel like I'm going to get fired." I croaked.

"What. Why?" Reece inquired, worry evidently growing in his voice.

"I don't know. This week, it's just been so awful. I've had to redo every single assignment or project that I've submitted. It's never ever been this hard. I feel like I'm at my breaking point. And I feel like my boss would love to just snap me in half." I explained.

"If it were possible, I'd love to just take all your troubles away, but I can't. So you can only do one of two things. Work harder, and show your boss you deserve to stay. Or, leave and find somewhere else where you think your talents will be appreciated." Reece responded.

"I wish it was that easy. God. I just wanna jump off a damn cliff." I groaned, while tears began spilling.

"Hey shhh shhh. Don't cry. It's okay." Reece attempted to calm me down, hugging me tighter.

"It'll all be okay. I promise you. You know what, go take a nice long bath and we'll talk about it when you come out. You deserve some you time okay." Reece ushered me away.

I grinned, so thankful for Reece. Wondering what I'd do without him. Before leaving to the washroom I turned and kissed him on the cheek.

"I love you so much." I mumbled, hugging me.

"Love you too gorgeous." Reece grinned.

I smiled walking away. I was much much happier. Unbeknownst to me, Reece was so determined for me to take a long bath because he was making reservations for a weekend getaway for the two of us.

yup, I love this man.