𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐫

context: You know that drake song "childs play"? In the intro of the song a guy says something along the lines of "if your girl asks you to go to a nba game.. she is probably fcking some guy on that team". My idea for you: how would ney react to you asking him to acompany you to a man city game? Idk maybe mix in some sweet jealousy and him being excited when haaland loses?

2nd person pov

"Look what I got!" You smirked as you walked into the sitting room where your boyfriend, Neymar was lying on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

He quirked an eyebrow at you.

You flashed him two tickets, Manchester City vs. Arsenal.

"Come with me to the Man City game! They're going to be playing in London, Emirates Stadium." You begged.

Neymar sat up, his phone barely hanging onto the sofa.

"Why do you want to go watch this game? It's just a regular premier league match." Neymar questioned.

You rolled your eyes at his question.

"It's going to be such a good match. Arteta, Jesus, and Zinchenko against their old team! And I finally get to see Haaland live!"

Neymar narrowed his eyes at the last part of your sentence.

"Haaland eh?"

You nodded enthusiastically, "He's so good! Honestly better than Mbappe."

Neymar furiously shook his head, "There is no youngster better than Kylian."

You had to stop from laughing. It was clear he was a bit jealous.

"Whatever. So you coming? Or are you too jealous?"

His eyes bulged out of his sockets.

"I'm not jealous."

You rolled your eyes at his clear lie before he pulled you to sit on the couch with him. He cupped your face, and kissed you deeply.

You pulled away at a loss for words, while he pulled away with a smirk.

"Still want to go to that match? We can just stay here you know..." He suggested.

It was your turn to smirk now.

"Of course! I spent a fortune on those tickets. Come on!" You had decided. 

 ***

"Right here." You gestured to a set of two seats in the fourth row.

Despite your wishes to wear a kit from one of the teams playing, your boyfriend had convinced you to wear one of his many Brazil hoodies. You wore a gray set of leggings underneath, paired with the viral ugg booties. Neymar on the other hand, wore a plain white hoodie with some branding, and tight black jeans with slight rips in them. He of course paired this with a baseball cap and some trendy Jordans.

Once a fashion icon, always a fashion icon.

You both sat down into your seats and got comfortable. The match was just about to start.

"I'm thirsty." You whispered to Neymar, signaling for the bottle of water in his hand.

"Thirsty?" He smirked.

"Why didn't you say so earlier we could've just stayed home in Paris an..." He began to say.

You slapped his leg and shot him a look, "Get your head out of the gutter idiot."

"How am I supposed to when you're sitting there looking like that in my sweatshirt?"

You rolled your eyes at his lack of self control.

Within a few minutes, the match had begun. Manchester City was very clearly dominating, as expected. Haaland had several chances courtesy De Bruyne but had been unlucky thus far.

Neymar had told you he'd be rooting for Arsenal. This was a bit strange to you because he'd never been an Arsenal supporter in the slightest. He claimed it was because Arsenal had a more overwhelming number of Brazilian players than Man City so he needed to support "his boys." To you however, it just didn't add up.

He was enjoying the game though. When Arsenal went up 1-0, thanks to a Jesus goal, his grin became wider. Neymar would constantly look over at you to see what you were thinking, what you were feeling.

Things changed however in the 86th minute, when Man City scored on a Haaland goal. Like many other away fans, the terrific strike brought you to your feet and you cheered as loud as possible, much to Neymar's disappointment. You'd figured he was a bit jealous. And if he wanted to play this game, so be it.

"COME ON!" Cheers were heard all around you.

Neymar face curled up into a scowl as he watched you clap for Haaland's goal. Once you finally sat back down, his arm was again around your waist, trying to bring you as close as possible to him. Your head rested on his shoulder while his head rested on yours.

"City's gonna win." You whispered to him.

"Not if my boys have a say in it." He mumbled back, kissing your cheek.

You turned to face him and stuck your tongue out at his smug look.

Truth be told, on the inside, he was praying Arsenal didn't lose. He couldn't bear watch you cheer for City again.

In the 89th minute, his wish came true. City defender Nathan Ake was unable to track back fast enough, and was so match for Bukayo Saka who received the ball and banged it in the net.

Your mouth had fallen open, and Neymar had gone to his feet, cheering as loud as possible.

He looked down at you in your seat and shot you a wide smirk while you gave him a pissed look. He sat back down and grabbed your chin before kissing you again. The stadiums cameras had been able to find you two meanwhile.

After pulling away, you and Neymar had realised you were on the cameras (pretend they do this at the Emirates, idk if they do). You looked down and blushed while Neymar shot a wink at the camera. Eventually, the cameras found someone else to bother and the match ended, with Arsenal winning. Neymar had a smug look on his face when you two were leaving the stadium.

"Just say it." You sighed.

"Haaland was kind of invisible today, don't you think?" He smirked.

"He still scored Ney."

"Yeah but they lost."

You shrugged your shoulders, "He's still a star."

Neymar furrowed his brow, "And me?"

His jealousy was insane.

You turned to face him, and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"You'll always be my superstar." 

me a spurs fan

me a spurs fan

writing abt an arsenal win, not fun.