𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭

prompt: you're both famous and meet at an awards show

first person pov

"Cast picture, everyone in!" One of your costar's publicists beckoned to everyone.

You nodded, smiling nervously. You were at the French football awards, commonly known as the ballon d'or ceremony. Closely behind the Oscars and Golden Globes, this was one of the ceremonies with the most paparazzi you'd ever faced.

You were a Hollywood actress, a very successful one at that. From an early age, you'd love watching football and grew up supporting West Ham United. So, when the producers of Ted Lasso offered you a main role, you quickly did the paperwork and cleared your plate of all your other jobs.

After the cast photo was done, you more than anything wanted to get off the carpet, but the paparazzi had other ideas.

"Y/N! One solo photo please! Just one please Y/N!" The photographers screamed.

You bit your lip and opted for one photo. Trying to keep a straight face as the flashes intensified and you could see nothing but lights flashing constantly. Red carpets were a nightmare. Your hand was stationed on your hip and you debating on moving. The amount of light rendered you speechless.

"Y/N! A PHOTO IN THE FRONT TO SHOW US THE OUTFIT!" One screamed.

That shout got you out of your daze and you quickly made your way off of the carpet, trying very hard not to trip in front of everyone.

You let out a breath of relief when you realised you'd survived the fatal light show.

"Survived aye?" You quickly turned the opposite way upon hearing a voice speak to you.

You turned to see your costar, Brett (who played Roy Kent), looking at you with an easy smile. On set, Brett had surprisingly grown to be a very close friend of yours. Almost like a brother. In honesty, you were a bit worried about getting along with your cast mates given the large majority of them were at least ten years older than you.

You were so happy that you ended up being very wrong. Brett specifically was initially intimidating, because well, look at him. But he was a lot like his character, Roy. He specialized in being hilarious, in that serious, deadpan type of way. But he was so loving and caring, again, a lot like a big brother.

"Tell me about it. That was one of the worst red carpets yet." You groaned.

Brett shrugged his shoulders with a laugh, "Maybe for you. Their cameras were following you the whole time. You should've seen how quickly the rest of us were forgotten after the cast picture."

"Please. I've seen how Roy Kent obsessed some of these guys are." You teased him, to which he laughed.

"Let's move to our seats now yeah?" He suggested.

You nodded, quickly turning the opposite way, maybe a bit too quick. Because you ended up crashing right into something quite a few cms taller than you.

Well, more like someone. A crimson blush immediately made its way onto your face. You hated embarrassing yourself at events like these. So much so that you worked meticulously to avoid doing so.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." You apologised after steadying yourself.

The person you crashed into looked up with an easy smile on his face. Mason Mount.

"No worries." He flashed a charming smirk at you, upon seeing the blush deepen on your face.

You gulped wanting this interaction to be over as soon as possible.