Twelve

Emmeline read Lady Whistledown over, and over again. The mention of her and the prince was one that would surprise the whole of London. She was just a noble women and he was a prince of a land far away. Of course it was an uneven pairing, but who really had an issue with that.

Daphn's piano forte could be heard around the house. It was not good at all, one may think, but Emme would never say that out loud.

Emmeline was an author. Of course, no one knew. In her room she would write poems and stories about women, who were strong willed main characters. Her and her twin sister had this in common, but no one would ever truly knew how much she did enjoy it. Everyday when she finished writing, she slid the notebook under her pillow. Every member of the help knew her simple instructions, don't touch it.

One of the footmen at the house announced Prince William which was a surprise. Emme made her way downstairs and met his face.

"Would you oppose coming on a walk with me?" William asked her endearingly.

"I think not, but I'm surprised you would be the type to offer such a thing." She said to him.

"Maybe I'm not as easy to read as you thought."

They walked along the pathway in the park. The pond glistened in the light and ducks floated around. It was straight from a painting, or something a writer would describe in a play.

"Tell me, your highness, do you still wish you weren't called back to England?" Emma questioned him as they walked along.

"You are a smart girl, Miss Bridgerton. I do miss my travels and all the exotic women, who welcomed me into their country, but I suppose that's not for your ears." William stated. Emmaline's checks lit up a bright pink color.

"My brother would have your head, sir. I am just an innocent girl." Emma jested. "I do think that you would find the same type of women anywhere you go, however. You are a prince."

"Well, then why haven't you jumped to my arms." He laughed as they crossed over a bridge.

"I am respectable, and I want to be a wife. You are not a man that I think respectable girls want to marry." Emme explained to the man. She felt something that she had never felt before though. The feeling was weird and her chest was pounding heavily.

"Well, then I must continue the rest of my life without a wife, happily." He laughed.

"I'm sure every woman is taking a sigh a relief now."

His eyes lingered on her, "You would make a good cook's wife."

"How someone like you could be a prince is so astonishing to me." She rolled her eyes.

William thought that Emme was fun company, but sometimes she said things that made him feel a certain way. What she said about not marrying him made him feel slightly upset. It could be many things, but William rather think it an ego issue because that would make it much easier for him.