Dragons?!

Lana had given the vault portrait to Rakepick, who took it away for further study. She'd been told that she had to prepare for dragons and then report back to Rakepick once she was ready, which left her in a whole load of confusion.

She met Charlie in the library, because who else loves dragons as much as him? Nobody. Lana and Charlie studied in the library for a while, until Ben joined them, and he wasn't afraid of talking about dragons with them.

Lana was now on her way to find Professor Binns, as Charlie had told her he had facts about dragons if she didn't have time to read. She called Bill and Merula to the History of Magic classroom so that they could get in on the information as well.

"So Rakepick told your we would have to face a dragon in the next Cursed Vault?" Bill asked.

"Not exactly. She said only to 'prepare for dragons'." Lana answered.

"Bill and I are apprentice curse-breakers, too. Why would Rakepick tell you about the dragons and not us?" Merula wondered.

"It's only because I showed her the vault portrait. That's when she brought up dragons - after she looked at it." the Gryffindor girl told her.

"Then she must know exactly where the vault is, if she knows there are dragons there." Bill added.

"I don't know. She would tell me when I asked her about it. Rakepick did say she would teach us the Conjunctivitis Curse once we're prepared." Lana told them.

"Now, see, that's the headline! You should've told us that first, Riviera." Merula chuckled, "Alright, where's Binns? Let's get the boring stuff out the way so we can go and learn how to blind a dragon."

"Good day, er...students. Where are your classmates? Are they late? Am I early?" Binns said, appearing next to them all.

"There's no class right now, Professor Binns. We've come to learn about dragons." Lana told the ghost professor.

"Which ones? There are many kinds if dragons. There are Swedish Short-Snouts and Peruvian Vipertooths, and Romanian Longhorns, and Norwegian Ridgebacks, and Hungarian Horntails, and Chinese Fireballs, and-"

"Let's start with...all the dragons! Any dragons!" Merula said abruptly, cutting the professor off.

"Yeah, we'd most like to learn what to do if we ever came across one." Lana added.

"A history of dragons. Of course."

"No, I don't think we need that much history. Our dragon problems are very much in the present." Bill said.

"The history of dragons, it is. Let's begin." Binns said, disregarding Bill's statement and gliding over to his desk.

After a long sessions of Binns droning on and on about dragons, Lana had had enough.

"Professor Binns, if I may interrupt." she said, as kindly as she could, "We need to know less about dragons themselves, and more about...how to defeat one."

"How can you defeat an opponent you do not know?" Binns questioned, "Let's continue. The eggs of a Chinese Fireball are crimson specked with gold. Take note, the crimson and gold eggshells are highly valued by Chinese wizards."

Lana groaned in frustration and turned to the others.

"Can you two stay until Binns finishes his lecture? See if you can pick up any useful information?"

"What? Where are you going?" Merula frowned.

"To find us some practical advice about how to face a dragon. From Hagrid." the brunette answered, before strolling out of the classroom and down to Hagrid's hut.