No More Fighting

Lana and Badeea were talking in the Grand Staircase next to where Bea was trapped, and Lana remembered she had to meet the others in the library.

"I should see if my friends can help me find more information about the vault portrait..." she told Badeea.

"Tell me what you find, Lana. I had a dream about a new spell, and I want to paint it before I forget." the Ravenclaw replied.

"You dream about new spells?"

"Doesn't everyone?"

Lana shrugged and waved goodbye to her, heading to the library.

She arrived and stood in between Tulip and Bill, as everyone else was crowded round a table. The minute she arrived, she felt a tense atmosphere amongst her friends...

"Thanks for your help, everyone. I need to find any information I can about the vault portrait..." Lana started.

"How do you know this vault portrait even exists?" Jae asked.

"I mean, I don't know for certain. Rakepick asked me to look for it..."

"Pfft. Rakepick..." Tulip rolled her eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bill interjected.

"It means Rakepick is a liar and a manipulator who only cares about helping herself, and furthering her legacy." Tulip answered bluntly.

"She took the time to teach me everything about becoming a Curse-Breaker. She's even getting me a job at Gringotts." Bill retorted.

"And I'm sure she's doing that out of the goodness of her heart." Tulip said sarcastically.

"Don't talk to my brother like he's stupid..." Charlie defended Bill.

"Tulip is right. Rakepick can't be trusted." Ben added.

"Said the traitor who attacked Lana..." Rowan scoffed.

"Someone made me do that!" Ben said, offended.

Lana noticed Barnaby tensing from next to Tonks, and she understood why...

"Are you going to attack me now too?" she kept on provoking the poor blonde boy.

"STOP FIGHTING!" Barnaby's voice boomed from the head of the table, making everyone jump in fear  and look at him, and earning a massive "Shhhh!" from Pince.

Lana looked over at him too, and gave him a sympathetic look, to which he replied with am awkward smile.

"I was sort of enjoying that, honestly." Jae chuckled.

"Yeah. Nothing like a bit of drama to break up the cycle of studying and detention." Tonks added.

"Everyone is just a bit stressed over their O.W.L's and N.E.W.T's." Andre said calmly.

"Andre is right. Let's just help Lana find information on the vault portrait..." Bill added.

"Even though Lana only seems to come around when she wants our help..." Rowan sassed, making Lana scoff and roll her eyes. Barnaby looked like he was about to cry.

"Please, Rowan. No more fighting. It's like I'm back home, and I don't wanna think about being back home..." he said sadly, his voice sounding odd without its usual glee.

Lana's heart broke and she walked over to him, pulling him into a tight hug.

He instantly wrapped his arms around her back and dug his face into her neck, sniffling a little. She ran her fingers through his hair soothingly and he clung onto her tightly.