Boomerangs, Trolls, & Stars

It was ready. The huge chaotic spectacle was finished, but there was one final thing for Lana to do. She had to meet Duncan and Peeves in the Prefects' Bathroom the next morning, so she called her two favourite Weasleys to fo there with her.

"Here we are again, the three of us going to the Prefects' Bathroom together." Charlie joked.

"Are you still keeping count of how often we come here together, Charlie?" his older brother asked, chuckling.

"Yes. Too often."

"It's true that you could come here without us, Lana." Bill said.

"But you've said yourself that it's practically tradition that we all meet with Duncan together." Lana giggled.

"Also true." Bill laughed, "Let's just hope that it's the last time we have to come here to meet with Duncan and Peeves."

"You hope it's the last time you come to see us?" Duncan repeated, floating towards the group, "I won't take that personally, but Peeves will."

"I only meant that this will be our last meeting because the 'mischief masterpiece' that Peeves demanded is ready." Bill explained.

"We're here to make sure Peeves will show up to see the chaos." Lana told the ghost boy.

"I suppose he will." Duncan shrugged, "Still, he's told me that you've been insulting him quite often.

"I didn't insult him...well, maybe I said a few disrespectful things, but can you blame me for getting frustrated? It's the vault portrait we need from Peeves, if we're to break the portrait curse."

"I'd start saying nice things about Peeves if you want him to show up for you now." Duncan told the girl.

They spent at least 20 minutes just talking amongst themselves, complimenting Peeves. Lana had to force herself not to bad-mouth him, but she was set on breaking this curse.

"It's about time, Peeves." Duncan said, into space.

Lana was confused, but then Peeves' ghost appeared in front of them all.

"Go on, you loopy-loos! Tell me more about me!" he said.

"We would if we had time, Peeves, but the mischief masterpiece is about to begin." Lana told him.

"We'll be glad to get the vault portrait from you once you've seen the chaos." Bill added.

"First, you will have to impress me! I hear there will be chaos times three! What chaos, Lana, do you think will most impress me?"

"Seeing as you love pranks, we've got a spectacular prank planned in the Great Hall. You'll wanna be there." Lana answered.

"A spectacular prank! This I must see!" the ghost cried.

"It's been a lot of work to meet your demands, Peeves. I couldn't have made it happen by myself."

"You haven't made anything happen yet, Lana." Duncan commented, "Your whole plan could fail."

"Imagine what chaos that would be! To the Great Hall! I'll be there once the chaos begins!" Peeves cheered, disappearing before their eyes.

"You ready, Lana?" Bill asked her once they were heading to the hall.

"I have to be." she shrugged, "I don't want to do this, I really don't, but it's the only way to get any closer to break this curse."