Back to School

Lana had a good summer break. Sure, she was dwelling on having detention for ages, and worrying about Jacob, but she was looking forward to seeing her friends again.

She'd grown a little bit taller over the holidays. Her hair was a little shorter than it was, as she had it cut, but it was still relatively long. Her face and body features were more toned and defined than last year - her body had become more womanly, and her face looked a little more mature, but still with a hint of mischief.

Seeing as it didn't work last year, Lana had arranged to meet Barnaby at the station earlier again. This time, she was prepared. She'd packed everything she could possibly need, and it was all ready to go.

The day came when she'd finally get to board the Hogwarts Express, and return to her second home again. She woke up and showered, before changing into some black ripped jeans, a white tank top, and a pair of black biker boots.

She applied a light layer of makeup and straightened her hair, before slipping on a black and white flannel and running downstairs, sitting on her trunk and munching on an apple she picked up from the kitchen on her way.

"Someone's eager to go!" her dad chuckled, gesturing to Lana's behaviour.

"Sorry!" she laughed, "It's just that last year, I was supposed to meet a friend, and I let him down 'cause we were late, and I don't want that to happen this time..." she explained.

"Ah, I see. Don't worry, kiddo. We'll leave in about 5." he smiled, kissing her head and walking away to find her mum.

Lana hadn't told her parents about Barnaby. Well, she had, but she didn't tell them that they were together. Given his background and parents, she was worried about the reactions her mum and dad would give. She didn't want to upset or scare them by saying his parents were Death Eaters.

"Honey? We're getting ready to leave now! We don't want to be late!" her dad called up the stairs.

"Ok, hun! I'll be down in a second!" her mum called back.

When they got in the car, Lana was getting more excited about seeing Barnaby again. It had been 6 weeks since she last saw him, and she couldn't wait any longer.

Finally, her dad pulled up into the train station car park, and parked the car. Lana immediately opened her door and ran to the boot, dragging her luggage out and holding it by her side.

"Do you want us to walk you in? Or can you manage by yourself now, Miss Fifth-Year?" her dad teased.

"Ha-ha." she playfully rolled her eyes, "I'll be ok - you guys get home and relax." she smiled.

"I'm gonna miss you, kiddo." he said, pulling her into a hug.

"I'll miss you too, dad." she smiled, hugging him back.

"Stay safe, sweetheart." her mum said kindly, hugging her as well, "And stay out of trouble!" she told her.

"I will! I will!" Lana told them.

"I love you both! I'll write to you when I'm at the castle." she smiled, waving goodbye to them and heading off to find Barnaby.

Lana pushed through the crowds of people in the train station, she found the entrance to Platform 9&3/4 and ran through the wall. She looked around to see if she could find the Slytherin boy, and that's when she spotted him.

He was leant up against a wall, hands in the pockets of his black jeans and looking down at the ground. His hoodie sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, exposing his strong forearms. Lana was sure he'd grown a few more inches over the summer, if that was even possible.