Seeds, Venom & Eggs

Lana had taken Barnaby to the Hospital Wing, and she was just about to leave, when he grabbed her wrist.

"Lana?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful...please." he begged, eyebrows knitted together with worry.

She sighed and hugged him, he squeezed her tightly and kissed her head.

"I'll be ok, I promise. Don't worry about me, baby. You need to rest." she smiled, kissing his forehead lovingly.

He gazed longingly at her as she walked away. He was angry at himself for getting cursed and not being able to go with her and protect her. He knew that she could take care of herself, but he loved her, and didn't want her to get hurt.

Lana arrived at The Three Broomsticks, spotting Rakepick's bright orange hair and walking over. Next to her was sat a bald man, quite rough looking, but he didn't seem as if he could do much damage.

"Lana Riviera, meet Mundungus Fletcher. Also known as Dung." Rakepick introduced the two.

It was then that Lana realised Fletcher was indeed tied up, quite literally.

"A pleasure. I'd shake yer 'and, but I'm a bit tied up." he growled.

"Fletcher is a petty sneak thief who deals in magical artefacts. Along with any other illegal activity that might make him a sickle."

"Some people call me an 'ero"

"I'm certain that not one person in the history of the wizarding world has ever referred to you as a hero." Rakepick told him.

Lana could tell that she wasn't that fond of the man...

"Well they should. You-Know-Who wou'd've won the war if it weren't for me." he protested.

"Do you have the Marauder's Map?" Lana asked him.

"Who told you about that?"

"A friend of Peeves."

"I miss that dodgy li'l poltergeist..." he sighed fondly, "I 'eard Peeves 'ad the map, so I 'ad one of me connections work out a trade, and get it out of 'ogwarts for me." he confessed.

"What did you give him?" Rakepick questioned.

"Somethin' that wasn't good fer me 'ealth. I'd rathe 'ave you kill me than tell you more..."

"I could torture you instead..." Rakepick smiled.

"I know you could, Patricia. I've seen it first 'and."

Lana was getting impatient. She could be looking after Barnaby, but instead she was listening to this man complain about everything.

"Do you have the map or not?" she demanded.

"I did, but someone attacked me and bleedin' stole it." he frowned.

"The wizard in white robes who you lost a duel to in Knockturn Alley?"

"Nah, that was a different attacker. Occupational 'azard for me chosen line of work. It's a bit of a long story, and I 'ave some business to attend to, and I'm sure we all 'ave places to be, and-"

"Tell it." Rakepick ordered.

Apparently some man stole the map from behind Fletcher's back. Rakepick was rolling her eyes almost all the way through his explanation, clearly getting irritated.

"So, a mysterious man arched you from behind, grabbed the map, and disappeared?" Lana clarified.

"Like I said, my vision wasn't the best due to takin' a jinx to the back of the 'ead, but 'e certainly didn't just stroll off."